Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sin7

New Member Starting Regimen

Greetings everyone, I'm a new member to this site and am glad I came across it by accident. I was searching for "natural acne cures" on google and somehow this website came up. I'm glad that it did because I have come across a lot of helpful information on the message boards.

Let me explain my story and struggle with acne. I started getting acne when I was 14 years old. It was nothing major, just a pimple here or there every now and then. I thought nothing of it, I thought it was just regular teen-age acne. Then a couple of months passed and I had noticed that instead of having one pimple at a time, I was now getting two or three, and they were getting bigger. Then the cystic acne came on and the scarring occured. The acne was so bad my face started to look like it was swollen, or like I was in a fight. Then the acne started showing up on my chest and back, and cystic acne started popping up inside my earlobes (that crap is painful.)

My struggle with this type of acne has continued until this day and I am now 24 years old. Inbetween that time my acne would clear up for a while (maybe 2 or 3 weeks at the most) and then flare up again. I have tried everything to clear up my acne except accutane, I even tried the regular anti-biotics that the Dr prescribed me but I couldn't finish it due to the major side-effects (I felt nauseated and dizzy everytime I took them.) I have tried pro-active, homeopathic remedies, I even went vegetarian, stopped eating or drinking any dairy products, I even bought Leo Kiesen's e-book "Your Last Acne Solution" and tried all of the fasting detox regimens and vitamin supplementing he explained with no lasting success (some of the vitamin supplements did help.) I am pritty much to the point where I think I am going to have to live with this for the rest of my life with nothing to help. Hopefully the clear skin regimen will be able to help.

I am going to try the regimen that Dan has explained, I actually went out and bought the following items today to get started:

Purpose gentle cleansing wash

Neutrogena on-the-spot BP (I ordered the clear skin regimen BP but decided to use the Neutrogena until I get the order)

Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin

My question is about body acne? What should I use to cleanse my body while in the shower? I saw Neutrogena made a body wash but it had salicylic acid in it. I wasn't sure if I should use it or not so instead I just bought Dove for sensitive skin. Also what should I use to moisturize my body? I also wasn't sure so I bought Lubriderm for sensitive skin. I bought both the Dove and Lubriderm for sensitive skin because that's what I was suggested to get when I got my tattoo, so I thought if it was gentle enough to use to wash a tattoo with it was probably ok for my skin.

use neutrogena body bath, only use the salicylic acid on acne prone areas, dove cloged ur pores. Also when u use neutrogena bath, leave it on for like 5 minutes to let it work...no nid bp for your back...the salicylic acid wil take care of it

Do not use ANY astringents or scrubs. In my experience salicylic acid is just that, acid. Acid that pisses your skin off. They are worthless and will ravage your skin. Dan's BP gel is far superior in texture and application to the Neutrogena, and it won't cost you an arm and leg.

Be patient, methodical, consistent, and above ALL else, gentle. It will work. Don't make any judgements until at least 6 months. I've been going for three years and I have crushed acne; just look at my avatar. You'd think I never had it, but I did, and it sucked. My cheeks and chin were a total mess. The regimen WILL change your life. Just be consistent, don't add anything to it, and keep your rhythm.

Just don't touch that face!

use neutrogena body bath, only use the salicylic acid on acne prone areas, dove cloged ur pores. Also when u use neutrogena bath, leave it on for like 5 minutes to let it work...no nid bp for your back...the salicylic acid wil take care of it

The dove couldn't have clogged my pores, it is made for sensitive skin and specifically states that it is hypo-allergenic and doesn't clog pores.

What about any suggestion for a body lotion?

Do not use ANY astringents or scrubs. In my experience salicylic acid is just that, acid. Acid that pisses your skin off. They are worthless and will ravage your skin. Dan's BP gel is far superior in texture and application to the Neutrogena, and it won't cost you an arm and leg.

Be patient, methodical, consistent, and above ALL else, gentle. It will work. Don't make any judgements until at least 6 months. I've been going for three years and I have crushed acne; just look at my avatar. You'd think I never had it, but I did, and it sucked. My cheeks and chin were a total mess. The regimen WILL change your life. Just be consistent, don't add anything to it, and keep your rhythm.

Just don't touch that face!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm gonna try and ride this thing out as long as possible, I'm just hoping my skin doesn't dry out and flake.

Any suggestion for a body lotion?