Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick question.

Here lately after I get out of the shower in the mornings and dry off my face, my face has been very dry and sometimes peels on my cheeks. I use Proactiv at night and wash my face in the shower with just a washcloth and water. Is it just the weather here lately that may be causing the dryness in my face skin?

Is there anything in Lander Baby Lotion (pink bottle) that might be harmful to my face? Particularly any scaring/acne spots that I currently have?

I've been putting it on 2 times in the morning before I leave to work just so it won't be dry and flaky when I get to work.

Any recommendations to prevent the dryness?

Thanks!

Depends on how easily clogged your pores are and what types of some of the ingredients are used. IMO this is a bit heavy for face, and I would be concerned about looking like a grease slick. It has a lot of occlusive ingredients which are not necessarily pore clogging but I know that some people do have problems with using ingredients like these bc they dont let the skin breath. I've heard of some people having problems with the Glyceryl Stearate, but I for one do not. Overall, comparing the ingredients in this to the comedogenic ratings out there, I would say this is a 1 or a 2 which really isn't that bad, especially compared to a lot of face lotions out there. If you like it there's no reason to stop using it, however for someone concerned about post-acne marks (or general skin health), I'd recommend using a sunscreen. As far as preventing dryness, it's almost certainly caused by the proactive, so you may just need to keep using a moisturizer.

Same thing happened to my skin when i used Proactiv - made my skin dry, flake and feel really tight. I suggest using Cetaphil Cleanser, it fixed the dryness on my skin after about a week of using it :)

Thanks for the replies :)

The baby lotion doesn't make my face look greasy, it actually makes it look more matte type look.

So far, I haven't had any problems w/ using it like I have. It doesn't seem to clog my pores or at least that I have noticed so far.

Aimeee, did you just completely replace using Proactiv w/ the Cetaphil Cleanser? I have a bar of Cetaphil soap that I use on weekends when I don't really have the time to use the Proactiv before I go to bed. Is there anything else you would recommend to go along w/ the cleanser?

Best Regards!

Hey xtreme0203,

I stopped using the Proactiv and now I just use the Cetaphil cleanser. I use an AHA lotion after cleansing which I think is helping.

I use an AHA lotion after cleansing which I think is helping.

Are you still getting breakouts from that aimee?

Nah, my skin is starting to settle down a bit now. Thank God! :D and sum of the marks are fading! yay

I use Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15.

It's absorbed quickly, non-comedogenic, non-shiny and has SPF 15.

It doesn't break me out.

I think this is a good mid-SPF level moisturizer.

P.S. I'm still looking for a nighttime moisturzier (with vitamins, etc), since I don't really need the SPF 15.

Neutrogena Moisture for combination skin is the best one i've used so far....it doesnt make me break out and it seems to absorb oil throughout the day like it says...it has a nice matte finish

p.s. i wouldnt use the baby lotion on your face unless it says non-comodegenic...its probably gonna start blocking your pores....i cringe at the thought of using that on my face!!