Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boz

What time do you usually go to sleep??

I saw a few post regarding sleeping time and acne. Your skin is suppose to heal while you sleep. THe thing is, I can never manage to get myself to sleep before 10. I usually sleep at 2-3am and wake up at 9-10. Has anyone tried sleeping earlier and thus your acne improved?

i have insomnia :cry: so no...and it's gotten to the point that i even have morning insomnia [i wake up hella early and cant get back to sleep] and naptime insomnia! lol

I think there is something to this, for it seems to me that when I have over 8 hours of slumber, my face is angelic when I rise. However during the typical school week this is far from probable, and its more around the low end of the spectrum (3 or 4 hours)

Yeah I go to school too so I dont get much sleep. However, it is winter break so I think I might try this for a week or so to see if it does anything. Man, 10 o'clock is usually when im awake the most. Well, I'll try it tom since its already 1am and im still wide awake.

Whenever I go to bed, itll take me at least an hour and a half to fall asleep. I usually end up dosin off at 2 am. And being a college student, I feel it really hurts my attention span...... and I cant pay attention during lectures because Im sucha god damn zombie.

yeh bit of insomnia here aswell, i get in bed about midnight and finaly get to sleep at about 2am each night...

Guest quack

insomia as well. generally, fridays thru mondays i sometimes sleep at 4 in the morning then wake up at 2 in the afternoon. by monday night, i end up sleeping again, sometime in the early morning and wake up three hours later to go to school. when i have some free time, i end up sleeping at school :lol2: (but of course, not in my classes :angel:).

when i get home at night, i'm knocked out and regular, normal sleeping happens ... for three days. haha. then back to the usual.

I saw a few post regarding sleeping time and acne. Your skin is suppose to heal while you sleep. THe thing is, I can never manage to get myself to sleep before 10. I usually sleep at 2-3am and wake up at 9-10. Has anyone tried sleeping earlier and thus your acne improved?

yes, i have done this, and yes, my face was probably the clearest it's ever been since i started getting acne. also, i noticed that it doesn't even really matter how MUCH sleep i get. i just need to go to sleep early and get up between 5 and 8am. that is what worked before. you would think that i would keep up the habit, but for one reason or another i end up going to bed later and later every night. i'm a night owl.

oh, and by the way, if you're expecting to see any results from changing your sleeping habits, i would give it a couple weeks.

Since I've been out of college and working full time, I've been going to bed usually around 9:30 or 10 and getting up at 6:30. That, in my opinion is a decent amount of sleep. I didn't notice any impact whatsoever on my acne, if anything it worsened considerably in the past few years that I've been going to bed at a reasonable time, eating healthy and working out.....

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble sleeping through the summer months. Seemed to have a negative effect on my acne too. Since i've started taking a calcium/magnesium supplement i've been a lot better though. Also I think routine helps a lot with insomnia... when you're going to bed and getting up at roughly the same times each day your body gets used to it.

Hope that helps.

You should sleep early and wake up early. if you`re used to sleeping like in the morning and wakingup in the morning maybe u could try going to bed like at 12 pm wake up at 8am next couple days try going to bed at 11 and waking up at 8am. I think waking up at 8am to start the day is really good. You get more time during the day and you get to accomplish more things.