Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blu15

Accutane & Waxing

Okay this might be a stupid question, but is it okay to wax your eyebrows, etc. while taking Accutane? I've noticed that everytime I wax, my skin gets really really red and it kinda burns (a lot). Help! :confused:

ah! . your skin is really sensitive and it could rip and leave a nice scar.. pluck .. please

Okay this might be a stupid question, but is it okay to wax your eyebrows, etc. while taking Accutane? I've noticed that everytime I wax, my skin gets really really red and it kinda burns (a lot). Help! :confused:

might actually pull off your skin. no fun.

It specifically forbids you from waxing (and other treatments that can damage the skin like dermabrasion) on the Accutane literature during treatment and for six months afterwards. It result in significant scarring.

Sorry for bumping this but HOLY CRAP!!! At first my skin was VERY red but the day after, I noticed that I pulled off a piece of skin. You guys were right. I wasn't aware that I couldn't wax during my course... :doh:

I decided that I would wax my eyebrows while on the 4th month of my accutane, DONT DO IT, yes it literally takes a slice of skin with it and puts alot of anxiety on you. However, just pluck the hairs, however if you do, do it.......I applied alot of aloe right after and then continued to apply polysporin for hours after. The next day it was still raw, i continued to put poly sporin on and it finally starting flaking the next day, it then followed to peel off and I was left with hardly anything, thank god

This thread is three years old...and there have been ample other threads about Accutane and waxing since this was posted.