Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My derm told me to take Accutane and apply Benzoyl Peroxide during my treatment. Do you guys do this? Does it make any difference? How bout Vitamin E gel pills, can I take them or apply them to my face during the treatment?

Need a quick response, opinions are welcome too!

I wouldn't put benzoyl peroxide on your face while on Accutane. That seems like a recipe for disaster.

I took vitamin E pills when my lips got really dry but it didn't seem to make a difference so I stopped. I used a moisturizer that had vitamin E in it, that might be easier than applying the pill to your face.

How bout lotion cus my face is dry on Accutane. My sister bought this lotion called Vita-K it's "face lotion" could I use that?

Where is everyone?! How bout an easy question for people on Accutane, do any of you accutane users apply ANYTHING on your face?

Well my derm requires that I take 800IU of vit. E a day and you definetly need to moisturize on accutane. There are plenty of topics about good moisturizers on these boards.

My derm told me to take Accutane and apply Benzoyl Peroxide during my treatment. Do you guys do this? Does it make any difference? How bout Vitamin E gel pills, can I take them or apply them to my face during the treatment?

Need a quick response, opinions are welcome too!

Hmmm...I was wondering the same thing. I guess if your derm said it's okay to use both then it's cool. I am on Accutane and my face isn't drying out at all yet so I don't think the bp will irritate it too much. I was just wondering if it was okay to us as a spot treatment. This thread answers my question..thanks!

I'm not sure I believe using BP while you are on accutane is good. If somebody else's derm said it too then maybe. As far as a moisturizer goes, use one that is non-cosmogenic, has SPF-15, and is oil-free.

Well, seeming Accutane dries your skin and so does BP gel it may overdry. However, what you should do is for a few days, on a small part of your face that isnt really recognisable, apply BP gel there and the moisturise as usuall.

This is like a skin test, to see how your skin hold up, if theres a problem with the testing, stop it. If all is good and you are happy to apply BP gel aswell, carry on with it.

Though buy a moisturiser with UV filter, helps protect skin against sun.

Vit E gel pills? havent heard of them, though applying it shouldnt make a difference anyway, your better off taking Vit E orally, works from the inside. Plus applying BP and Vit E may cause a prob.

hpe that helps, and good luck

You can use it to start the course, but as soon as you start to get dry i'd stop.

On my face i use Clinique products - Exceptionally Soothing Cream for Upset Skin (reduces the red flushing effect), and All About Eyes eye cream. I wash my face with Purpose gentle cleanser (liquid), and i have occasionally spot treated with BP on particularly stubborn lesions but i don't think it helped any really.

Any moisturizer that's non comedogenic and for sensitive skin will be fine. I'd avoid anything with fragrance.

Well since my derm told me to apply BP on it, I have been doing it for the last month (or in other words since I started). As far as I can see there has be no harm, it fights the acne and everything just fine.

I was just worried cus I know how Accutane makes you break out, but seeing that BP minimizes the breakout I was worried that it may be preventing Accutane from doing it's thing.

I only take 40mg every other day, so my face is not that dry. Hell when I apply BP twice a day, it kind of keeps it not dry.

I just posted a topic on this....my derm gave me 40mg Accutane 1 pill a day and duac gel and said to use it until I start drying out so I guess it's okay. Strange though, I asked him about the initial outbreak and he said it proly won't happen.

you guys are crazy to use bp on accutane!

i agtree

I disagree. Some people never get that dry while on Accutane. I'm one of them; I'm in month 4 and my face hasn't gotten dry hardly at all.