Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys!

Im lookin for a good facewash that "works" a lil better than others. lol I hate those ones that say

"will keep under control" when they really dont. But basically can you guys give me your opinion on

the best face wash for acne. Thank you

I never found cleansers to make a large difference in my acne. I use cleansing wipes for convenience. Glycolic toner helps a lot, as does benzoyl peroxide lotions/gels.

i like dermalogica's anti bac skin wash.. it makes my face feel clean and smooth without being overly drying. rather pricy though. but i agree, a wash alone is not going to clear up any major skin problems

Most cleansers are washed off too fast for medications in them to work effectively. My all time favorite was neutrogena's sensitive skin solutions oily skin cleanser, but it seems to have been discontinued; I haven't been able to find it in about 6 months. Which I find kind of absurd considering all the horrible, harsh products that neutrogena has been selling for years and years. Mostly I would stay away from anything orange with neutrogena written on the bottle.

No face wash will keep you under control. That's for toners and moisturizers and medicines. If you wear makeup, don't use cetaphil because it's not good for removing it. I've heard that sodium laureth sulfate is too harsh for anyone's skin; I've been using a cleanser with it for months and don't seem to have any problems but that's something you may want to look out for. Mostly you want something acceptable for your skin type that will cleanse sufficiently but not strip your skin, and that's mostly trial and error.

the new loreal kit is the best thing I have found so far, It's very gentle but effective, but it comes as a kit.http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100751&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod1631404

the new loreal kit is the best thing I have found so far, It's very gentle but effective, but it comes as a kit.http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100751&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod1631404

Carley's Soap is the best cleanser face wash i have ever used. It cleanses well. All natural and actually leaves my face moisturized and not dry like other soaps. (you can find this on Ebay)

Also SpectroJel is awesome as a gentle cleanser and non stripping. A tad bit pricey but well worth it.