Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boz

Steaming face while on Regimen?

I just did it last night before washing my face. I don't really see any harm in it and many people like the way it feels and leaves their face smooth.

try steaming right before putting on BP or while putting on BP, and while putting on moisturizer. I'm experimenting with this now, and it seems to work well.

try steaming right before putting on BP or while putting on BP, and while putting on moisturizer. I'm experimenting with this now, and it seems to work well.

Well, I just took a shower and tried steaming my face. It felt pretty nice, I was sweating alot (or maybe its just the water vapor). But I noticed that white stuff was left on my face. I guess this was the BP and moisterize I applied this morning? So I guess I should use a cleanse to clean my face then Steam, then apply BP then moisterizer? And how ofter is enough. I know that over steaming could be bad.

If I were going to steam I would use this process.

1. cleanse with unmedicated gentle or gentle exfoliating cleanser

2. Steam

3. cleanse again, but with only water

4. medicate

If I were going to steam I would use this process.

1. cleanse with unmedicated gentle or gentle exfoliating cleanser

2. Steam

3. cleanse again, but with only water

4. medicate

how much is too much though? At the moment i steam for 15 minutes in one go, once a week. what is the recommended time to steam my face? Can i steam my face every other day for 5 minutes or am i risking more damage?

I have a bit oily skin but it doesnt make my skin feel oily, and i try to do it every day. My face is alot smother and more radiant. I shower then steam then i cleanse. I would do this at night so you can shower and get rid of all the crap from the hair and body. Dont clense before because you really dont do much if you steam then wash face off with water beacuse you have open pores that could be washed out,toned and then pb and then moisturizer. If you clense twice it leavea face dryer. shower, steem, clense, tone, PB and then moisturizer. For me i use mask 3 times a week which helps the skin alot. Shower, steem, mask, clense, tone, pb and moisturize. The hole process is about 30 -45mins to the max i usually do it all in about 30mins or less. probable about 20 mins least.

if u have a tendancey to get oily skin dont do it the heat will only make it oiler. its good for the pores but only if u have dry or normal skin.

how exactly is steam supposed to clear out your pores and make you feel smooth etc etc, when it's just liquid water that's on the verge of being a gas. It's just like putting warm/hot water on your face. Steaming will do nothing different than washing your face.

And dont try the O IT WORKED FOR ME so it should work for everyone approach. Studies please.

how exactly is steam supposed to clear out your pores and make you feel smooth etc etc, when it's just liquid water that's on the verge of being a gas. It's just like putting warm/hot water on your face. Steaming will do nothing different than washing your face.

And dont try the O IT WORKED FOR ME so it should work for everyone approach. Studies please.

Hot steam opens up the pores, the heat makes ur face sweat, and sweating naturally pushes out toxins from within your pores, after doign this of course wash your face to get the sweat off.

I have a bit oily skin but it doesnt make my skin feel oily, and i try to do it every day. My face is alot smother and more radiant. I shower then steam then i cleanse. I would do this at night so you can shower and get rid of all the crap from the hair and body. Dont clense before because you really dont do much if you steam then wash face off with water beacuse you have open pores that could be washed out,toned and then pb and then moisturizer. If you clense twice it leavea face dryer. shower, steem, clense, tone, PB and then moisturizer. For me i use mask 3 times a week which helps the skin alot. Shower, steem, mask, clense, tone, pb and moisturize. The hole process is about 30 -45mins to the max i usually do it all in about 30mins or less. probable about 20 mins least.

if u have a tendancey to get oily skin dont do it the heat will only make it oiler. its good for the pores but only if u have dry or normal skin.

nice info.So you steam everyday?How long do you steam for each day?