Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eva

Eva's Regimen Log

Please tell me what you think of my regimen below in my signature.

DAY 1 (NOT REALLY DAY ONE, JUST DAY ONE OF THE LOG, BEEN ON REGIMINE FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS)

I am 29 years old and have been dealing with moderate to severe acne since I was 11 years old. Currently, my acne is mild/moderate, however I have tons of red marks and scars from severe acne. I have acne on my temples and the sides of my face (papules/whiteheads) and blackheads on my nose and sides of my nose. I get pustules around my "woman" times, which really suck because they often hurt.

I have been doing my regimine for about a week now and have noticed slight improvement. My current acne is drying up, and no new ones have popped up. I know the Retin-A makes you break out after a couple of weeks, I am just hopping the the morning BP lessens it some.

Speaking from experience and not because I know a lot, I think your regimen sounds good. The Cetaphil is really gentle, so that's good that it won't irritate your skin. The benzoyl peroxide, of course, is good for your acne and the moisturizer is fine as long as it is oil-free. As far as the blackheads are concerned, I think retinoids help with that. I'm on Tazorac, which is a retinoid I believe, and my blackheads and whiteheads have mostly disappeared and my skin is overall smoother. I would suggest a regular exfoliation. I don't have a regular exfoliation going for me, because my dermatologist told me not to scrub or rub at all. Every now and then I use a washcloth, very gently, to get rid of the flakes when my face peels. It does make me red but it results in smoother skin. Perhaps some of this helped you a little! Good luck with your regimen and be disciplined and consistent with it! Oh, and make sure you use a makeup that won't irritate your skin.

*What is CSR?

why not try the CSR??

i tried it once before. it was good, but my derm suggested that i try retin-a so i am giving it a shot. so far i like it, and it also works for wrinkles (not that i have any yet)

Speaking from experience and not because I know a lot, I think your regimen sounds good. The Cetaphil is really gentle, so that's good that it won't irritate your skin. The benzoyl peroxide, of course, is good for your acne and the moisturizer is fine as long as it is oil-free. As far as the blackheads are concerned, I think retinoids help with that. I'm on Tazorac, which is a retinoid I believe, and my blackheads and whiteheads have mostly disappeared and my skin is overall smoother. I would suggest a regular exfoliation. I don't have a regular exfoliation going for me, because my dermatologist told me not to scrub or rub at all. Every now and then I use a washcloth, very gently, to get rid of the flakes when my face peels. It does make me red but it results in smoother skin. Perhaps some of this helped you a little! Good luck with your regimen and be disciplined and consistent with it! Oh, and make sure you use a makeup that won't irritate your skin.

*What is CSR?

CSR is the Clear Skin Regimine (dan's Regimine).

Thank you for your support, i really appreciate it. i think once i get my skin to the way i like it, i may try gentle exfoliation.

DAY 2

Last night I felt a bump coming on under my nose, practically in my nostril (hate those) and it was very

painful and a bit red and under the skin, today, it is already gone! I can't believe it. I am so happy! :D This morning I have no new acne, and my skin is pretty clear. I still have very very stubborn, little tiny painless bumps on the sides of my face and on my cheeks. I probably have about 25 all together, but they are teeny tiny, like the size of this dot . , and come in little clusters at the sides of my face and a few spread on my cheeks. I have a theory about them too. I spend lots of time on the telephone, and i am thinking that the phone pressed against my face may be causing them. I have to remember to wipe my phone down with alcohol daily.

Also, the AHA Lotion left my skin burning and tingling all day yesterday (just switched to that yesterday, was using purpose lotion with spf, but didnt like the way it clumped up, changed buy suggestion of other members). It did help with the flaking and I didnt feel dry, but the burning was very annoying and I was also very red until i covered it with makeup. Today it feels a little less burning. Hopefully it will go away because I like the lotion.

Other then those tiny bumps and these stupid scars that I have tons of, my skin is doing pretty well!! :dance:

DAY 3

Okay, so today I wake up with more of those little bumps on my face. I think its like greasy oil bumps or something. I tried to pop one or two, but they are not poppable so I left them alone. Best thing considering all my marks. I was a little stressed yesterday, so I am sure that contributed to the bumps. I am just grateful I dont have huge zits right now, though when the retin-a really kicks in and starts purging my skin, I am sure I will have them.

One of the products I am using smells funny. I walk around all day smelling something funny and its even effecting the way I taste things. Everything taste the same!! Maybe I am losing it..... i think it might be the Ceteaphil bar (but I love it and dont want to change!!!).

The AHA lotion dosent burn as much anymore, thank goodness, I guess my skin is getting used to it.

Until next time..................

DAY 3

Okay, so today I wake up with more of those little bumps on my face. I think its like greasy oil bumps or something. I tried to pop one or two, but they are not poppable so I left them alone. Best thing considering all my marks. I was a little stressed yesterday, so I am sure that contributed to the bumps. I am just grateful I dont have huge zits right now, though when the retin-a really kicks in and starts purging my skin, I am sure I will have them.

One of the products I am using smells funny. I walk around all day smelling something funny and its even effecting the way I taste things. Everything taste the same!! Maybe I am losing it..... i think it might be the Ceteaphil bar (but I love it and dont want to change!!!).

The AHA lotion dosent burn as much anymore, thank goodness, I guess my skin is getting used to it.

Until next time..................

I think your regimen sounds good. I was basically doing the same thing as you..clear skin regimen in the morning and a retinoid(tazorac for me) at night. My skin was doing good but now I am on Accutane b/c I want to see if Accutane can totally clear me up. Good luck!

DAY 5

DAMN ACNE!!! I woke up all broken out!! I have acne all over my cheeks and temples. I have been being so good about the regimine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed! :evil: I know that i have to go through this but it is still so damn frustrating!! I wish i could get a skin transplant!

DAY 5

DAMN ACNE!!! I woke up all broken out!! I have acne all over my cheeks and temples. I have been being so good about the regimine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed! :evil: I know that i have to go through this but it is still so damn frustrating!! I wish i could get a skin transplant!

Okay, so as i just took a shower and was brewing over my skin, I think i may have figured it out........

1 --- i think its the concealer that I started using a couple of days ago. I am using Physicians Formula Concealer Twins Cream Concealer 2-in-1 Correct and Cover. Its supposed to be Non-comedogenic, however, i think that is what is breaking me out. the breakout is primarly where i have the most red and dark marks and that is where i use the concealer. makes sense to me. i am going to stop using it and see what happens.....

2---- or the fact that I ran out of 2.5% bp cream and had to use some 10% bp cream that i have there until i get more 2.5%. (could that be the reason?)

3----or, the retin-a is purging my skin.

aghhhhhghghghgshgdhflkasfdajsdlfjsalkdfjd (okay, going crazy now, lol :wacko: )

DAY 6

So I have been stressed so I will probably breakout pretty badly. It happens everytime I get stressed. My current breakout is drying up, which is good.

I have to say my skin is not as dry as it was, a little right after I wash my face, but not that all day dryness. The Neutrogena lotion is great.

My skin under my bottom lip looks bleached. Its lighter than the rest of my face. When I do my makeup you can notice a little more, but I dont care anyway.

DAY 7

Went to a job interview today. I don't think I got it though. The right side of my face is all broken out. I think the retin-a is purging my skin. I hope its get better.