Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScvRusher

Help Finding a Dermatologist

A little background first. Suffering form acne since puberty mainly on my T-zone. When I hit 18 yrs old my acne started to clear up until my cheeks and the sides of my face started getting hit HARD. Strangely my T-zone and nose usually stayed clear. I tried the Murad treatment (1.5% salicylic acid) for about a year. It worked in slightly decreasing my acne for about the first couple months, but the following ten months proved to be fruitless. I spent about 9 months depressed until I found this site and the wonders of BP. I bought a case of Truderma (2.5% BP) which is a cleanse, tone, treatment process. I thought worked really well in preventing breakouts for the first week, but then the Acne came back with a vengeance. I used up the 2oz BP lotion within 2 weeks so I bought 3 bottles of Dan's BP gel in replacement. The acne seemed to get worse no matter how much BP gel I piled on. Yes I've seen the tutorials and videos. Yes I'm moisturizing.

I've suffered long enough. I'm starting not to care about what the side effects of accutane are anymore. Please help me find a dermatologist. I live in around Van Nuys in southern California which is about 30 minutes away from LA. Perhaps there is a list of reputable dermatologist specializing in acne? I'm also paying out of my own pocket. Thanks for your help!

Well so far I've found InfoDerm which does a good job of locating dermatologists. However I'm having a hard time determining any more information about these dermatologists.