Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, im 17 and i used to run about 3 miles a day. but then i remember hearing someone say that sweat makes your acne worse. well obviously i dont want to make my acne worse than it already is(though i plan on going on 'tane soon)

so i was wondering, does sweat really make your acne worse? b/c i like running and would like to do that again

okay, im 17 and i used to run about 3 miles a day. but then i remember hearing someone say that sweat makes your acne worse. well obviously i dont want to make my acne worse than it already is(though i plan on going on 'tane soon)

so i was wondering, does sweat really make your acne worse? b/c i like running and would like to do that again

If I don't shower imediately after working out, I always break out, it totally sucks.

I'm not sure. With a ton of things, I think it varies from person to person...some say that sweating makes their skin feel really refreshed and clean, but others say it makes it worse.

Personally, I work out a lot in a week, and I also sweat a ton. I've found that it doesn't make my acne worse.

i dont think so.

i too am a runner and i run distance (lots and lots of running--most the time i run in the middle of the afternoon and am very very sweaty) But i didnt have increased acne when i ran....plus, i would shower and do my skin care regime as soon as i was done.

i just had a kid so im getting back into running again, but since i havent been running, i have actually broken out worse than i ever have in my life. (maybe due to hormones, but it should prove the running/acne theory wrong)

if you dont wash yourself after sweating immensly, of course youll suffer more breakouts.

Last year I had bad acne, like I do now, but it all cleared up after workin out for my baseball team. I think about after a month of workin out (this was like the first time ever i had ever lifted weights and I could even bench 50 pounds), it cleared up tremedously and stayed clear until the season ended in the spring. We had summerball during the summer and I never got to play and we only had 2 games a week. Like every week I saw new whiteheads come up and it eventually came back worse than before.......but anyways this past summer was the worst ever because I couldnt go on vacation and my acne came back

I stopped working out all together and you know what happend, a week later I had ZERO acne on my body. It's a catch 22 for me....either be scrawy with clear skin or huge with acne :(

Dried sweat can clog pores....that is some people say that excessive sweating breaks them out. I don't think it is the actual sweating that irritates acne....it is sweating + not cleaning up afterward. As long as you don't let the sweat dry on your face...you should be fine I think.