Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are you going to blame yourself when your children get your terrible acne?

well both my parents had mild acne when they were younger and I got moderate acne and my brother gets 1 pimple a month so genetic is just random. But I think if my kids get acne I would help them right away so they don't have to go through years and years of suffering and pain like I did. If they need accutane I will get them accutane what ever helps them. My parents didn't really bother with my acne at all cuz they thought I will "grow out of it".

I would probably blame myself..

My dad had acne when he was younger, and still has large pores and the occasional pimple. My brother suffered from severe acne and went on accutane a few years back and is now completely clear. My skin's not as bad as my brothers was, but I still blame my dad, not in a nasty way, just muck around and say "I might have been beautiful if you didn't give me acne and this big nose" lol All in good fun but I might feel guilty if my children had acne.. It'd be hard to see them put up with what I've put up with and know that it's my fault but I wouldn't not have children because of the chance they could have acne. It's not like some debilitating, life threatening disease, although it is terrible to endure and horrendous for the self esteem, it's not something that would stop me from having children or a trait that I'd want genetically screened.

I'd just try to help my children to deal with it if (God forbid) they developed acne.

I don't know how any of you could ever have children. You've all got acne and depression! Those little children you bring into the world will be covered in disgusting, disfiguring acne, and have very bad depression to boot! Nobody wants a little gross depressed kid. I mean just from a selfish stand point it doesn't make sense.

I don't know how any of you could ever have children. You've all got acne and depression! Those little children you bring into the world will be covered in disgusting, disfiguring acne, and have very bad depression to boot! Nobody wants a little gross depressed kid. I mean just from a selfish stand point it doesn't make sense.

Yeah, that's why I said I wouldn't. I know if I did have children they would have depression problems and acne and a very sad mother as well.

Yeah, and since everyone here is probably all sad and shit, all the time, why force a child to go through your misery? I mean none of you seems capable of happiness.

speak for youself. I'm not all "depressed" or "sad and shit". Your posts are full of nothing but ignorance. You dont want kids? Fine, with your attitude, you shouldn't have them. Dont speak for the rest of us. Acne is not the be all to end all. Get a grip!

I'm finding stuff that works for my skin right now.

But I do I want kids and maybe my regimen will work for them. However, I will start them on a healthy diet right away and avoid dairy as much as possible. I do think diet is the ultimate cure for acne...simply observing the people in my family and their diet is enough of a reason for me to believe so.

speak for youself. I'm not all "depressed" or "sad and shit". You're posts are full of nothing but ignorance. You dont want kids? Fine, with your attitude, you shouldn't have them. Dont speak for the rest of us. Acne is not the be all to end all. Get a grip!

It is different (easier I guess) to get acne with 24 instead of growing up with acne. But still you are right. Acne is not that bad as some people make it here. Expecially if treated right.

Actually acne gets only a problem when/if you are obsessed with (good) looks or it blends with other problems like depression.

Guest funkychicken

I know that the single reason I have decided to never have children is acne. Those pimples would just be a shattering reminder of how painful life was for me for a few years. I'd have to force it to drink poison and then pretend it was a horrible accident. I just couldn't look into my sweet baby's little pock-marked face without feeling terrible guilt.

Allowing a child to come into this world knowing full well that it might develop a disease like acne is horrible. You might as well inject your baby with dirty needles if you're willing to do that. Why do people with acne continue to have children? It's damaging to the child to feel ugly. That's why the world is so messed up.

So now that you know where I am on this issue, where are you? Will you feel the guilt you so rightly deserve when your precious gets a pimple?

You come on this site just to make trouble and drag peoples confidence down. You admitted on here once that you only had mild acne for two years. Why do you waste your time coming on here?

I know that the single reason I have decided to never have children is acne. Those pimples would just be a shattering reminder of how painful life was for me for a few years. I'd have to force it to drink poison and then pretend it was a horrible accident. I just couldn't look into my sweet baby's little pock-marked face without feeling terrible guilt.

Allowing a child to come into this world knowing full well that it might develop a disease like acne is horrible. You might as well inject your baby with dirty needles if you're willing to do that. Why do people with acne continue to have children? It's damaging to the child to feel ugly. That's why the world is so messed up.

So now that you know where I am on this issue, where are you? Will you feel the guilt you so rightly deserve when your precious gets a pimple?

You come on this site just to make trouble and drag peoples confidence down. You admitted on here once that you only had mild acne for two years. Why do you waste your time coming on here?

agreed. so many downer/losers on here. i guess it's what you do when you have nothing better to do. do us a favor: go spread your bad vibes elsewhere.

I wil just make sure i encourage them to wash their fash everyday. I never did, which is most probably why mine is so bad. My brother is getting the same, exactly the same age as when I started getting spots. He doesnt wash his face.

Guest Poker-Butt

cuz she's a deranged weirdoe, who talks nonsense...always :|

I've never been that interested in having any children, but I think the thought of passing acne onto them, puts me off it even more

There is no guarantee that you'll pass acne on to your children. It's a 50/50 crap shot. Geez people. Just because YOU or your spouse has it, doesn't mean your children will have it. I think it's very sad that so many people are not willing to have children because of acne. Neither of my parents had it, and yet I do. You dont KNOW what you will pass on. You might be surprised.

I wil just make sure i encourage them to wash their fash everyday. I never did, which is most probably why mine is so bad. My brother is getting the same, exactly the same age as when I started getting spots. He doesnt wash his face.

Sebum production ramps up from before puberty to about 18-20. Therefore he's likely to get acne at the same age you did.

Washing is a very superficial thing, but acne happens deep down in the pores, where washing can't reach.

If washing cured or significantly prevented acne, this board wouldn't be here.

yes i will blame myself if my child gets acne. but since ive been through it, ill know what to do before it gets bad. like put them on accutane or whatever. if they have acne they wont have any problems with me around...because ive been there done that and know exactly what its like.