Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are you going to blame yourself when your children get your terrible acne?

I know that the single reason I have decided to never have children is acne. Those pimples would just be a shattering reminder of how painful life was for me for a few years. I'd have to force it to drink poison and then pretend it was a horrible accident. I just couldn't look into my sweet baby's little pock-marked face without feeling terrible guilt.

Allowing a child to come into this world knowing full well that it might develop a disease like acne is horrible. You might as well inject your baby with dirty needles if you're willing to do that. Why do people with acne continue to have children? It's damaging to the child to feel ugly. That's why the world is so messed up.

So now that you know where I am on this issue, where are you? Will you feel the guilt you so rightly deserve when your precious gets a pimple?

Haha you have got to be kidding you fuckin psycho!

Allowing a child to come into this world knowing full well that it might develop a disease like acne is horrible

Haha you have got to be kidding you fuckin psycho!

Allowing a child to come into this world knowing full well that it might develop a disease like acne is horrible

I'm just going to find a chick with perfect skin and impregnate her, steal the baby, hope she has a dominant good skin gene, maybe marry her if she's hot. If the kid gets acne, meh, I'll just lock it up for it's teenage years!

Why is it so important that you have a child?

Who do you think you are?

by the time i have kids im sure theyll have made new technoogy where u can pic what jenes u dont want and what u want from the sperm and eggs, lol!

The fact of the matter is kids need clear skin to feel good about themselves. Here is a fact: a lot of terrible people had acne. Hitler did. Do you want to raise a little Hitler? Because you hate Jews.

Wow this is a really interesting topic. I'm glad someone brought it up.

I admit that it will be really hard seeing my chilc having acne as bad as I do and especially at the young age I started getting it. I'm not sure that he/she will actually get it, but if they do then it will be horrible to see them going through it. I don't want my child going through the emotional hardship that I went through. I was so mad at the world because I thought everyone with clear skin was just so much more blessed than I am. Of course I found that to be a mistake. My acne doesn't bother me as much as I used to, I hate seeing all the red marks and scars but I just have to deal with it. I'm not perfect and never will be, and I don't want to be either.

Anyway, back on the subject. If my child ends up having acne like I do, even thought it will bring back the memories of everything I went throught and how ugly and rejected I felt, I'll tell them that they don't need to let it get in their way because its never as bad as they think if you don't focus on every little imperfection. People (most people) see you as a whole, not just your face.

I don't know, I'm way too young to be thinking about children. I'm already being pressured into finding what carreer I want to pursue in life, and I'm only in 8th grade. High school will be a living hell.

i will have a baby because being mother is the most beautiful thing in the world, that's actually y we are here if im not wrong

a stupid "disease" wont stop me of having a wonderful kiddo and will now put me down cause damn it! its a fuckin disease! and thats all

i dont care, and i'll get sure my child use something for his-her skin before the problem is too serious.

i will do what intoxication does just have a kid and watch them and take care of them and if their skin gets bad ill treat it with accutane right away. yeh and all that good stuff/ only diffeence is im a male and hope to be a good dad

Who's to say that any child will have acne? Neither my parents or siblings have it, just me. I am not convinced that my daughters (and I have three) will have acne. My husband doesn't, and I have light/mild acne. It sure as hell wouldn't have stopped me from having children, but I am not convinced that they will have it. If they do, I will treat it, if not, awesome!

Oh, and I didn't start to "breakout" until I was 24 years old. So, I didn't have pre teen or teenage acne. Hell, my early twenty's were nice too.

Guest · Jake ·

I completely agree with Avatar. Besides the world is over populated as it is.

The fact of the matter is kids need clear skin to feel good about themselves. Here is a fact: a lot of terrible people had acne. Hitler did. Do you want to raise a little Hitler? Because you hate Jews.

Oh please. Acne did not make Hitler the way he was. That is insane.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

If i were you Avatar, i'd be more concerned about mental illness being genetic.

So now that you know where I am on this issue, where are you? Will you feel the guilt you so rightly deserve when your precious gets a pimple?

i'm with you man. proactive evolution.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

She's a girl and this thread is offensive on so many levels.

Guest tenshigirl25

at 1st i used to think u were a really emotional guy..but now it makes more sense :rolleyes:

Wow this is a really interesting topic. I'm glad someone brought it up.

I admit that it will be really hard seeing my chilc having acne as bad as I do and especially at the young age I started getting it. I'm not sure that he/she will actually get it, but if they do then it will be horrible to see them going through it. I don't want my child going through the emotional hardship that I went through. I was so mad at the world because I thought everyone with clear skin was just so much more blessed than I am. Of course I found that to be a mistake. My acne doesn't bother me as much as I used to, I hate seeing all the red marks and scars but I just have to deal with it. I'm not perfect and never will be, and I don't want to be either.

Anyway, back on the subject. If my child ends up having acne like I do, even thought it will bring back the memories of everything I went throught and how ugly and rejected I felt, I'll tell them that they don't need to let it get in their way because its never as bad as they think if you don't focus on every little imperfection. People (most people) see you as a whole, not just your face.

I don't know, I'm way too young to be thinking about children. I'm already being pressured into finding what carreer I want to pursue in life, and I'm only in 8th grade. High school will be a living hell.

High school is wayy better. More free time to spend with those you like, less chances of being with those you don't. ;)