Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i think cows milk is bad overall for me it messes with my digestion i feel my face start to dry up then all the oil over secrete...

I don't think oil "over secretes" because of that.

Bryan

mmk milk can make me constipated and then give me the runs thus making me dehydrated it messes everything up so it doesnt help me and alot of people with acne. so i believe alot of people agree with me

I've been on no dairy diet about 10 weeks. Oil is down ALOT, and acne is 90% better. IF you got acne and drink milk, try giving it up for 3 months and see what happens. Everyone is different.

Just my two cents, but milk was discussed at length in one of my graduate classes years ago. Basically, it is needed until the age of 18; and then milk is not beneficial for you in any way except for calcium intake. One of my professors mentioned something like, "Humans were never meant to drink milk meant for a calf."

Doctors will tell you that there are alternate versions of calcium intake that are preferred to milk consumption, the most popular one being sardines. I eat a tin of these once a week for calcium intake (despite the fact that I don't like them.)

And simply, long term consumption of milk is detrimental to your body, particuarly if your system is sensitve. These days, it's also full of steroids, hormones, and other chemicals that wreak havoc with the sensitive skin that most acne-prone people have. It messes with your digestive system, another cause of acne. And it contains iodine, which will also add to your acne. So there are three possible issues at work with it.

If you want to drink it, fine. I choose not to. Personally, my skin cleared up dramatically when I cut out dairy. and the only thing I missed and felt like I needed was yogurt, so I buy soy yogurt and probiotics now and they work just as well for keeping my system in check.

Ive heard many times that milk has iodine in it, but it doesnt say nething about iodine on the milk gallon is there a way to tell how much iodine milk has, I mean I love milk, not just because its milk but because of the stuff that tastes good with it, like Oreos, brownies, cake, chocolate, ice cream, lucky charms, cheese?? Cmon how is a person supposed to enjoy these things without milk, IMPOSSIBLE... SO does neone know how tell if the milk u drink has iodine in it?

Christ, I can't believe these lies about soy are still going around.

http://www.fitwise.com/Milk_Truth.asp

http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/general/milk.htm

Those are a couple of links regarding the unbeneficial health risks that milk provides. Personally, I think that humans do NOT to drink milk from a cow. It quite ridiculous actually. There are so many other ways of providing your body with calcium and Vitamin D. It just seems as though everyone thinks that we have to drink milk, simply because that's the way we brought up in North America. It really isn't needed. Why not drink Soy Milk instead? It is much more benfical to your health as it provides many more vitamins than regular cow milk anyways. Heres an example of a cup of each(250 ml):

Ex: Regular cows milk(1%):

Calories: 110

Total Fat: 2.5 g, (Saturated: 1.5g)

Cholesterol: 10mg

Sodium:120mg

Carbohydrates:12 g (Fibre:0g Sugars:12 g)

Protien: 9 g

Vitamin A: 10%

Vitamin C:0%

Calcium:30%

Iron:0%

Vitamin D:45%

Soymilk(low fat, organic):Calories:100

Total Fat:3g (Saturated 0.8g, polyunsaturated 1.6g, Omega-6: 1.2g, Omega 3 0.4g, monosaturated:0.6g)

Cholesterol: 0mg

Sodium:130mg

Potassium: 380 mg

Total Carbohydrates: 11g ( Fibre: 1g, Sugars 8g)

Protien: 6g

Vit A: 10%

Vit D: 45%

Vit C: 4%

Thiamine: 8%

Riboflavin: 25%

Niacin:8%

Vit B6: 6%

Folacin: 6%

Vit b12: 50%

Pantothenate: 15%

Calcium: 30%

Phosphorus: 25%

Magnesium:10%

Iron:8%

Zinc: 10%

Now which would you rather drink?? :wub:

Regardless if the cows milk was organic and raw, I still would rather not drink it considering its for calves.

Just so you know, soymilk has to be fortified to have all those nutrients. You should do some researching about soy, as unfermented, processed soy (ie. soymilk) is really not that good for you. I'm not saying that milk is.

If I had a choice between non-organic, hormone/antibiotic-riddled milk from outrageously mistreated cows, and soymilk, I'd go for the soymilk, but limit my intake.

If I had a choice between raw, organic happy cow milk, and soymilk, I'd take the cow milk. Still would limit my intake, but that's because too much cow dairy has given me rashy skin in the past.

The argument that milk is for calves is not so important. If you were going to argue that animals are not supposed to drink milk into adulthood it would be different. But what a foods purpose in the world apart from us eating it usually does not matter. It is about what weare supposed to eat.

There are some interesting things, like that most people on earth (about 75%) are lactose intolerant and can not digest milk into adulthood. No other animal drinks milk into adulthood. Also, no other animal naturally drinks another animals milk (sometimes we feed it to them).

I personally think that milk is bad, maybe not organic, all-natural raw wholemilk (if you are not lactose intolerant), but that does not really matter because everybody here is really talking about pasteurized conventionally raised cow's milk.

Milk causes an inflammatory response in the body. This might cause acne and I read somewhere that inflammatory foods can cause certains types of cancers. So I stay away from it. This doesn't mean you'd get cancer but the inflammation is something I want to avoid.

I think everyone should try a 30 day break from dairy at least once to see for themself. Everyone is different. I think im going to cut down on milk for a month maybe only use soy or organic.

It's been a full week without dairy completely (not even casein) and it feels really good. As far as results it's too soon to be 100% sure it's from dairy but it's going in a favorable direction. But everything seems like a tease, it gets better for a while then it slaps me in my face heh. So we'll see. I won't be coming back on dairy anytime soon!

Hi,

I tried eliminating milk just to see if anything would happen, the acne went from moderate to mild.

So I waited 2 weeks then added pizza with cheese. everything came back. Waited till everything cleared up then tried the test again, same response. Dairy is definately out in this house but by reading the other posts, eveyone is different.

MomWhoSews

Milk is horrible for me. It's really painful to my skin.

Everybody should give up milk. Go find another source of Vit D, just quit this hormonal fountain of acne

Is milk bad for acne? I used to drink a lot of milk. I've cut back lately because I'm trying to drink more water. but is milk really bad? What's the scientific evidence?

Thanks

Just so you know, soymilk has to be fortified to have all those nutrients. You should do some researching about soy, as unfermented, processed soy (ie. soymilk) is really not that good for you. I'm not saying that milk is.

If I had a choice between non-organic, hormone/antibiotic-riddled milk from outrageously mistreated cows, and soymilk, I'd go for the soymilk, but limit my intake.

If I had a choice between raw, organic happy cow milk, and soymilk, I'd take the cow milk. Still would limit my intake, but that's because too much cow dairy has given me rashy skin in the past.

Well of course I know its fermented, silly :lol2: , it says right on the carton, and its listings of ingredients are right on the side.

Also, alot of resaearch has been done on soy, and processed soy such as tofu, soy milk. And its health benefits are substantial. In actuality it is very good for you.

Regardless if the cows milk was organic and raw, I still would rather not drink it considering its for calves. Drinking cows milk is pretty much the same as drinking goats, whales, or even rats milk. Of course cows milk has health benefits, so does a womans milk when breastfeeding, but Im not about to pump out her milk to drink for health reasons. Geez :wub:

Oopsies, i meant fortified, not fermented.......... :wub:

Regardless if the cows milk was organic and raw, I still would rather not drink it considering its for calves.

i'm not a big fan of the reasoning: this food was meant for that reason, etc so we shouldnt eat it. if humans can utilize a certain food for their advantage than why not? there are not certain "god" given foods that are "meant" for anything. just about every thing has benefits and negatives. some vegans like to believe that all vegetables are inherently edible and perfectly safe bc " Mother nature made them for us." (btw im not saying vegetables aren't heatlhy either) just like some raw foodist say that if a food cannot be eaten in its raw form "it wasnt meant for us." what gets me is, WHO or WHAT are they implying has all these intentions for our diet? i know many christians who say "god" meant for certain things to be food for us, etc but does anyone else agree with or understand what im trying to say?

Well of course I know its fermented, silly :lol2: , it says right on the carton, and its listings of ingredients are right on the side.

Also, alot of resaearch has been done on soy, and processed soy such as tofu, soy milk. And its health benefits are substantial. In actuality it is very good for you.

Regardless if the cows milk was organic and raw, I still would rather not drink it considering its for calves. Drinking cows milk is pretty much the same as drinking goats, whales, or even rats milk. Of course cows milk has health benefits, so does a womans milk when breastfeeding, but Im not about to pump out her milk to drink for health reasons. Geez :wub:

Oopsies, i meant fortified, not fermented.......... :wub: