Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChaKarissa

Charli's Regimen Log (pictures included)

The purpose redness reducing moisturizer isn't oil-free, is it? I remember that was one of the reasons why I was hesitant to try it.

Hm, it doesn't explicitly say "oil-free". But it does say "hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and won't clog pores". Doesn't that mean oil-free? Here are the ingredients (from Walgreens.com):

Active Ingredients

Ensulizole 2.0% , Octinoxate 7.5% , Octocrylene 7.5% , Zinc Oxide 2.0%

Ingredients

Behenyl Alcohol , Benzyl Alcohol , BHT , Bisabolol , Butylene Glycol , Butyloctyl Salicylate , Calcium Pantothenate , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteth-10 Phosphate , Codium Tomentosum Extract , Cyclohexasiloxane , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicetyl Phosphate , Dimethicone , DMDM Hydantoin , Ethylparaben , Glycerin , Glyceryl Stearate , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbomate , Isohexadecane , Magnesium Aspartate , Methylparaben , PEG-100 Stearate , Phenoxyethanol , Potassium Aspartate , Polyparaben , Sarcosine , Sodium Acrylates Copolymer , Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids , Sodium Hyaluronate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tocopherol , Triethoxycaprylylsilane , Trimethylolpropane , Triethylhexanoate , Tromethamine , Water

So far, I don't think I've experienced a bad reaction to it, so that's good. But if my skin does get worse, I'll definitely go back to the Olay moisturizer.

Hey Charli,

I'm glad your regimen's working out for you so far! I'm also glad that you tried the purpose redness reducing moisturizer. I've seen ads for it and have been tempted to try it, but just haven't gotten around to buying it yet. So do you really think it reduces redness? And how well does it moisturize? I have sorta flaky skin. Any help would be appreciated :) thanks!

Hey, I forgot to reply to your post, so here we go: I think it reduces redness slightly, but I don't think it's worth $15! It moisturizes very well; a lot better than moisturizers I've used in the past. I also have very flaky skin and I have seen no flakes while using it. The SPF 30 is great, too. It's a good moisturizer, but overpriced.

Day 21:

Hey yall. Sorry, forgot to post last night. Actually I didn't forget, I was just so sick that by 9:00 I was dead and had to sleep. Anyway, nothing new yesterday.

As for today, I woke up and noticed this big pimple on my forehead, not deep thankfully, with a yellow head. So I popped the thing. It was a really isolated pimple so I'm thinking it was just due to a clogged pore that hadn't been thoroughly cleaned, or from my hair, which sometimes touches my face.

I'm still liking the results of my regimen! I have some clogged pores that look like bumps, but basically nothing new. I'm just really glad that those deep, painful cystic pimples seem to have stopped. Thanks for all of yall's nice words of encouragement :D . I guess I'll go study now :rolleyes: .

Day 22:

Hey yall. Thanks "y not vinny" for the compliment. My breakouts are under control a lot more but I'd say my face still looks bad. Those wretched red marks.

Nothing new this morning. I'm tired :sleep: . My body aches. Good night, everyone.

Day 24:

My face looks good. Making progress! There are 2 new pimples I noticed, one on each side of my face. They're not deep cysts and they're not even red, they're just bumps. Kinda annoying though. Man, I did absolutely nothing today! I got out of the house once to go to Sonic. I'm booooooooooored. Ok bye. :D

Day 25:

What up, yall? Well, it's the end of the weekend, and I failed to do any school work that I had set aside for this weekend. Instead, I got ridiculously plastered last night on 6th street! Woo!

When we got home last night I was so out of it that I ate some leftovers then laid in bed and fell asleep, without washing my makeup off! Bad, bad Charli. I woke up feeling really guilty and dirty, so I immediately washed my face. But still, I was doing so good on my regimen and I fell short last night :(. So those two pimples are still there, and I popped the one on the left cheek so it's going away. I don't think I'm going to touch the one on the right cheek.

When I was talking to my boyfriend this morning, he told me that his best friend, who went out with us last night, made the comment to him that my face was looking really good. Although I hate to acknowledge that that means he noticed my acne was bad, I felt really good that he actually noticed that my face was clearing up! :dance:

Something I haven't mentioned yet: Four days ago I started adding something new to my regimen. It's the baking soda + apple cider vinegar + eggwhite/lemon mask that is supposed to help clear up red marks. There's a post about it in the forum about red marks, and everyone seems to like it, so I figured I'd try it. I forgot to do it today and yesterday, but I want to do it for awhile. I'll keep yall updated with my progress. I really hope my face doesn't break out for some reason. If I start to get more pimples, I'm gonna stop doing it.

Thanks yall for being so supportive and helpful! ;)

Progress pictures:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1138543593/gallery_34468_2071_532082.jpg

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1138543593/gallery_34468_2071_407491.jpg

EDIT: I'm going to start posting my progress pictures in my new album "Tracking My Progress." I think this will be easier. Enjoy!

Day 25:

What up, yall? Well, it's the end of the weekend, and I failed to do any school work that I had set aside for this weekend. Instead, I got ridiculously plastered last night on 6th street! Woo!

When we got home last night I was so out of it that I ate some leftovers then laid in bed and fell asleep, without washing my makeup off! Bad, bad Charli. I woke up feeling really guilty and dirty, so I immediately washed my face. But still, I was doing so good on my regimen and I fell short last night :(. So those two pimples are still there, and I popped the one on the left cheek so it's going away. I don't think I'm going to touch the one on the right cheek.

When I was talking to my boyfriend this morning, he told me that his best friend, who went out with us last night, made the comment to him that my face was looking really good. Although I hate to acknowledge that that means he noticed my acne was bad, I felt really good that he actually noticed that my face was clearing up! :dance:

Something I haven't mentioned yet: Four days ago I started adding something new to my regimen. It's the baking soda + apple cider vinegar + eggwhite/lemon mask that is supposed to help clear up red marks. There's a post about it in the forum about red marks, and everyone seems to like it, so I figured I'd try it. I forgot to do it today and yesterday, but I want to do it for awhile. I'll keep yall updated with my progress. I really hope my face doesn't break out for some reason. If I start to get more pimples, I'm gonna stop doing it.

Thanks yall for being so supportive and helpful! ;)

Hey, girl! Good luck with the new addition to your regimen. It really works for me, so I'm hoping it works well for you, too. Let me know how things are going....and remember, as always, give it some time.

Take care!

Day 26:

Hey everyone. No new pimples today! I popped the one on my right cheek yesterday, but I did it very gently, so it should be ok. Thanks to the new addition to my regimen, my skin is looking more even, glowy, and smooth than ever!

I am going to really try to start drinking more water. It can only help my skin and overall health. It's tough, though. I really never drink water. But yall all should drink more water if you don't already.

sk777: I noticed you commented on one of my pictures I posted yesterday. You asked if I have had any side effects from my regimen. When I first started the Doryx I was having some chest pain for about a week. It was pretty painful, but didn't last long when it came. It went away though. Another side effect is the peeling from the Tazorac. My face is constantly peeling and flaky but I keep it under control by lightly exfoliating. Those are really the only side effects I can think of right now. If you have another question about anything, just let me know.

That's all I have for today. Gotta go read for class.

Day 29:

Hi everyone. Ok, sorry I forgot to update the last 2 days. Basically nothing new, a few small bumps, I guess they're pimples. But my skin is still looking great!

I have to share a story with yall because this ordeal has been going on for like the past 2 hours. Hopefully yall will find it as entertaining and just out of hand as I did.

Ok, so around 7 I called a Chinese restaurant and ordered some food for me and my sister: lemon chicken and chicken with pineapple. Thirty minutes later the woman arrives with the food, so we pay for it and that's that. We open the first box and it has the chicken with pineapple (or what we think is the chicken with pineapple). It's got chicken, several pieces of pineapple on top, and an orangey sweet sauce that tastes like pineapple. You would think it would be the chicken with pineapple entree, right?? My sister ordered the chicken with pineapple so she took the box and started eating.

I open the other box and see chicken with some vegetables and fried rice - I automatically think, they got my order wrong, the chicken isn't fried like they described it, and I asked for steamed rice. So I call back and explain the situation, that my order was wrong, and I'm passed around for like 15 minutes to the next higher employee, until I get to the owner. I tell him the situation and he starts to argue with me, saying they did deliver the right food - what we thought was the chicken with pineapple was actually my dish, the lemon chicken! And the thing didn't have any sort of hint of lemon flavor! So he's telling us that we switched the entrees, and that we got it wrong, and that it's our fault! And I'm like, ok that looks obviously like the chicken with pineapple, and even then, you gave me fried rice instead of steamed rice! So I start yelling at him because he's blaming it all on me and refusing to give me a meal I actually want, and I'm like, listen man you gave me steamed rice! You messed up! I want a new meal because I am not satisfied! So basically I finally got him to agree to reimburse me for the meal.

So my sister and I devise a plan: when the guy comes to give me my refund, I'll take the money. Then we'll drive up there and bring the extra food that wasn't eaten, and ask to exchange it for something else (thinking they won't know we're the same people, and they'll probably refund the food for this person who they don't know is me), and that way we'd walk away with my money and a free meal. It seemed like a genius plan.

We get there like an hour after this whole ordeal started. But I was persistent on beating the system and getting a free meal out of them while keeping my money they refunded me! So my sister and I open the door to the restaurant, and in the mirror in front of me, before I even walk in, I see the reflection of a guy - the same guy who came to my house awhile ago with the refund! Just at that moment, I realized that all my efforts were in vain and that I couldn't go exchange it because that guy would recognize me! I was so disappointed.

Hm, hopefully that story made sense to yall. And hopefully you didn't get bored after reading a paragraph of it. It was just a really funny night. So I resorted to eating chocolate and dr pepper for dinner instead of the lemon chicken I originally wanted.

Please forgive me if this whole post was a total bore to you. This is what my stoned nights consist of.

Good night!

Hahaha! That is too funny...the whole time I was reading your story I was like, sounds like a case of the munchies! it totally reminds me of my good ol' days when i'd order food like every single night and try to cheat the system by eating half a pizza then calling back and claiming that the pizza was cold and gross...they'd always give me a free pizza credit! hahahah Too funny girl! I'd love to sooke a big fat one right now.....ahhhh.

lata!

Day 32:

Ok, gotta make this quick. Sorry I haven't been posting regularly. There's really nothing new with my regimen. I had this big yellow pimple on the base of my nose, like next to my nostril, in the crevice area. It really hurt, and I popped it. Other than that my skin looks good, except for the red marks.

Hope yall had a good weekend! I did. I went to Carnaval, this Brazilian festival thing in Austin where everyone dresses crazy, and by crazy I mean naked, or nearly naked, with lots of paint. It was a lot of fun. And of course, I didn't get done what I was supposed to get done. I'll leave yall with a picture from Carnaval:

IPB Image

Guest Poker-Butt

whoa! seems like u were having fun :)

who's the cutie? :D

anyway, im glad ur liking ur regimen results... good going for u :)

hope it continues and u get completely clear, marks and all

ciao!

Hi! I'm new to this site and came across your posts. I'm 22 and had really bad acne throughout high school and tried everything like yourself, minus Accutane. I got it controlled with birth control from my doctor and she just recommended plain Ivory soap and Neutrogena products. Now it's back and not sure what I should try next. What kind of BP are you using? Any other helpful tips? Thanks

whoa! seems like u were having fun :)

who's the cutie? :D

Haha, yeah tons of fun! That's my boyfriend :)

Hi! I'm new to this site and came across your posts. I'm 22 and had really bad acne throughout high school and tried everything like yourself, minus Accutane. I got it controlled with birth control from my doctor and she just recommended plain Ivory soap and Neutrogena products. Now it's back and not sure what I should try next. What kind of BP are you using? Any other helpful tips? Thanks

The benzoyl peroxide I use is in the Duac gel. It's 5% BP and 1% clindamycin. I've had really good results with the Duac, Tazorac, and Dorxy combination. I recommend my regimen if you have semi-moderate to moderate cystic acne. I had a lot of cysts and they're all gone now. Just red marks. Just let me know if you want more specific answers!

Guest Poker-Butt

mm hmm... niiiiiiiiiiiiiice ;)

well enjoy him , girl! milk him out lol... dont mind me, im weird :D

mm hmm... niiiiiiiiiiiiiice ;)

well enjoy him , girl! milk him out lol... dont mind me, im weird :D

LOL

Girl, you better believe I'm milking him!!! Yeah.. mmm.

Aquaphor is the BEST. I am currently on accutane...and man do my lips get dry...but Aquaphor solves that problem. It makes them soo soft and kinda juicy looking. :) Your make up is beautiful! I really want to try BareMinerals...but I am afraid it won't cover all my nasty red marks. :( What do you suggest?

~Jenn

Day 34:

School is taking up way too much of my time!

Nothing new. I guess no news is good news. I have like 1 little active pimple, more like just a whitehead or something. Red marks, please go away. That'd be great.

I'm so tired and school is stressing me out! Gotta get back to work.

littleladylola : Thanks for the advice about the Aquaphor. I've heard lots of good things about it. As far as the makeup goes, the Bare Minerals covers my faint red marks pretty well. The big ones (I have like 4 or 5 big ones on either cheek) are hard to cover. I use Physicians Formula Twin Concealers on the big marks, then follow that with the BM foundation. You can still see most of the red marks, but they are much less noticeable and my skin looks pretty even-toned. Hope that helped.

Progress pictures:

Right http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...cmd=si&img=9165

Left http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...cmd=si&img=9166

Hey I have I looked at your pics and it looks like me and you have similar acne. I also have this 1% clindamycin liquid in this dab bottle that I never touched because the last time I used it I had a breakout but now im starting to reconsider. I right now have 5% BP gel that I apply every morning so should I apply the 1% clindamycin first or the BP in your opinion?

Yeah, initial breakouts suck, but you gotta be tough for the first few weeks! In my far-from-expert opinion, I would apply the clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide at different times in the day, one in the morning and one at night. If for some reason you can't do that, then I guess I would apply the clindamycin first. I would be more worried that if you put the bp on first, it would get rubbed off when you apply the clindamycin. I'm not sure though.

I apply the Duac (clindamycin + benzoyl peroxide) in the morning, then after that I put on moisturizer. I always worry that when I rub the moisturizer in it will rub off all the Duac. I guess not though. I am still having good progress.

Hope that helped! :D