Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m90

Continuous Cover Concealer from Clinique?

Anyone tried the Continuous Cover concealer from Clinique? It comes in a compact and offers "maximum" coverage and SPF 20. I have a couple of red spot scars I'm trying to cover and was thinking about trying it...anyone tried it and can offer an opinion?

Hmmmm.... What is your skin tone? Are you fair, dark, etc.???

I have fair skin -- not the beautiful peaches and cream kind... the "Get a tan, sicky!" kind.

I gave up on wearing liquid foundation at around age 14 because:

1) my skin was too oily -- damn puberty started the downhill slide O:)

2) I could never match makeup to my skin tone

3) Florida is so damn humid that I felt like it was melting off my face...

SO, to get to the point, I've used this forever:

Maybelline cover stick (comes in a cream-flesh colored tube) -- "Ivory/ivoire" color. (Cheap, too!)

I use a lipstick brush (you know those ones with a small bristle tip) to apply it. I just swipe the brush a couple of times across the cover stick and then brush it onto the areas I need it. I like it because I can apply it as lightly or thickly as I need it, unlike foundation, which goes on in an even coat.

I don't know how severe your acne is so I don't know if this will work for you. I get acne mostly on my chin -- mild throughout the month and then cystic during my period (so gross and aggravating when you know it's going to happen and can't change it). My skin tone is uneven from sensitivity, plus as a bonus I have (very mild, thank god) rosacea on my nose. I luckily rarely break out on my cheeks. I brush it on around my eyes, nose, and chin. I have become an artistic wonder with the blessed cover stick. Many times it's the only thing that allows me to leave the house.

After the cover stick, I brush on powder. You can even use the lipstick brush to apply a little extra powder to the areas with red marks, zits, etc. It helps the make up stay better.

I hope you can use this, too. If not, maybe someone else can...

Good luck! O:) O:) O:)

cmt

i use clarins duet concealer corrector. one end is with a green tint, so if youre getting all red you can calm it down, and the other end is flesh coloured (im super pale and i got the lightest shade which is just right) and its very creamy and very very nice and blendable. it doesnt cake on or dry out skin, its perfect. give it a go.

Hi,

I haven't tried that product from Clinique, but it would be very good for the scars you are talking about. I have a similar product from Laura Mercier. You need to mix both halves together using a brush to get the right shade for your skin. This means you can get the perfect colour for your skin to make it look more natural.

But I think you should try the Continuous Coverage in the tube, it goes on opaque and gives lasting camouflage for scars as well as physical sunblock.

If you are going to choose Maybelline Foundation/Concealer as recommend by cmt, go for the 3 in 1 Shine-Free Coverstick. Clarins is also quite good.

I tried it and it made me break out like mad. I've finally gotten rid of the pimples and have been left with red marks. There pink now, but i still hate them. Cuz i never had any red marks before i started using it.

Yes I've tried Continuous Concealer and I didn't like it. Only because it didn't cover and didn't stay on my skin. However, my skin is really, really oily so anything just dissolves when it touches my skin! For most people, I think it would work. The consistency is good, not too heavy but just the right amount of cover and I like the brush that you use to apply it. I'm not a big fan of Clinique but I think it's known to be good makeup for those with acne.