Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i realize that i'd sounded confusing before. no, the scar would go back to the way it looked before using maderma-- that's what i ment by "the same." when the maderma was on it looked better. than i'd wash it off and it looked like nothing had changed, the scar was back to it's old ugly self.

maderma didn't do anything for me really.

hmm, i've been using mederma now for a week, and i've actually noticed improvement in the depth of my scars, in just a week! but, i think the only reason why it appears this way is because it tightens the skin, causing the scars to strech out, and appear less deep. i also stopped using it after hearing that it is only supposed to treat raised scars, and can actually make indented scars deeper! i got scared and stopped using it.

Mederma doesn't work, and is incredibly expensive since it runs out fairly quickly.

I used it for about 2 years straight trying to heal some stretch marks I got from weightlifting. Didn't help in any way, shape or form.

Caveat emptor.

Many products cause initial swelling and people confuse this with immediate results. Also a change in colour - reducing redness for example - can make a huge difference to appearance.

There was one study that showed Mederma significantly improved the alignment of collagen in scars in rabbit ears over 28 days. Many PS swear by it to help flatten and reduce redness in surgical scars.... general improvement to scar colour and texture, softening and flattening of raised scars. In my experience it does also smooth edges to atrophic scars. Whether long term it could inhibit collagen and cause / maintain atrophy is a potential concern however. My strategy would be to firstly try to fill in depressed scars with a collagen building treatment, then use Mederma to improve colour, alignment and texture, or even alternate the two.

oh great! a wonder remedy that works in a few days! :boohoo: spam, fresh tasty spam here! :boohoo:

i tried that mederma stuff for bout a year, guess i got a bad batch. no results.

this kid has to be a teenager to dream so much. :whistle:

Well...maybe it works opposite of advertised but I doubt it...b/c it sure as hell didn't do anything for my raised scar! As a matter of fact, I found Sudden Change Scar Zone to be better than Mederma. Atleast that faded the redness in my scar.

After a fat graft i have a fatty area beIow my eye that is raised. For weeks i was just using massage and arnica cream. RecentIy been using a combination of mederma, hiruscar and siIicon geI patch.

No idea what one may be heIping or if the overkiII combination is the thing heIping, but the thickness and height of the scar seems to be reducing at a quicker rate.

I certainIy wouIdnt use any of those products for indented scars tho.