Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am looking for a makeup (foundation or concealer) that a.) is good, and b.) is in a pretty case, so doesn't look like foundation or concealer...

If that makes any sense.

Have you ever been embarrassed because you want to carry your makeup with you in case your makeup wears off, but all your clear-skinned friends and relatives think it's weird? As if they could understand...

They think I'm being super-vain, but I'm just trying to remain looking NORMAL.

Also, when you sneak off to the bathroom to re-apply or check your makeup, and make sure everything is still covered...and you get annoyed if someone comes with you or if there's someone already in there looking in the mirror...I HATE that.

I am looking for a makeup (foundation or concealer) that a.) is good, and b.) is in a pretty case, so doesn't look like foundation or concealer...

If that makes any sense.

Have you ever been embarrassed because you want to carry your makeup with you in case your makeup wears off, but all your clear-skinned friends and relatives think it's weird? As if they could understand...

Also, when you sneak off to the bathroom to re-apply or check your makeup, and make sure everything is still covered...and you get annoyed if someone comes with you or if there's someone already in there looking in the mirror...I HATE that.

lol yeah I hate when someones looking in the mirror when Im trying to..that happens alot at school :rolleyes:

If that makes any sense.

haha that totally makes sense!

but sorry nope i don't know of any foundations/concealers that r in a pretty case. i wear almay foundation and it's in this squared glass bottle lol... and i carry that around in case i'll need it... but i usually just use MAC blot powder to freshen up my look, which is HEAVEN sent, no matter how many times you apply it, it doesn't look caked on at all. maybe you should try finding empty containers and placing your foundation in it?

grrr, i hate it how sometimes i go to the bathroom with my friends and they all stare when i apply my make up, it's so annoying. sometimes i reapply it in the bathroom stall. lol.

a solution might be to get a small coin type of purse and keep your make up in that inside your larger purse?

Guest Virgo

Ugh I know what you mean... I actually forgot my makeup in my locker at school today, because I thought I was going to swim for P.E. but I changed my mind.. and I left my makeup.. so tomorrow I'm gonna have to ride the bus with no make-up on... oh well big deal, as soon as I get to school I'm gonna go to the bathroom and put it on.. but I'll use the bathroom stall cuz first of all I don't want anyone coming in while I'm doing my makeup.. thats just too personal... second of all I'm a guy so it makes it that much worse lol.

I KNOW.. I hate it when I want to apply and fix my makeup in the mirror at school.. and there are a bunch of girls looking in the mirror.. it's so awkward.. I've actually gone into one of the stalls once before to fix my makeup! But that's just because a part of my face was peeling under the makeup.. and IT LOOKED HORRIBLE.. so I ran in there and had to do major tricks to get it to look half-ways normal..

I KNOW.. I hate it when I want to apply and fix my makeup in the mirror at school.. and there are a bunch of girls looking in the mirror.. it's so awkward.. I've actually gone into one of the stalls once before to fix my makeup! But that's just because a part of my face was peeling under the makeup.. and IT LOOKED HORRIBLE.. so I ran in there and had to do major tricks to get it to look half-ways normal..

Geez, I hate that crap - having to stand in the bathroom with the other girls whose faces are flawless. I feel so awkward trying to fix my face in there when there's really no hope with the makeup I have, it doesn't really cover much (or maybe I've become lazy trying to conceal - probably the latter). I so know what you mean about the peeling. If my face starts peeling and my makeup starts separating, it looks really disgusting and makes me extremely self-conscious, and for the rest of the day I just try to hide. But that's a little difficult at school. I wish there was a way I could be on the regimen I'm on without the constant flaking and peeling.

Don't feel vain! I have friends with clear skin who carry more make up than girls with acne do. :lol2: Besides girls carrying makeup is so normal these days.

I found my mineral make up (cory cosmetics) is easy to tote around because they come in a cute, circular, clear plastic container. All my brushes are retractable or short. I carry foundation, concealer wand my lancome, trail sized emu oil (for staying over the bf's place), my everyday bobbi brown gel eyeliner, blush (from cory as well) and my sage perfume oil in slim metallic (*bling*) cosmetics case.

I don't even know if I answered your question haah .. but I'm never ashamed to carry my make up around anywhere hehe :D

My powder is a mirror compact which every girl usually has in their purse anyways.

eh, im the person that stares at you while you apply your makeup.

i wear none, and never really have but i LOVE watching others put it on.. not to make fun but i just really like watching.. heh

Check out Cargo (Sephora carries this) they have some cool packaging options, some of them are one-use applicators so they are really small, and some of their foundations come in Capri-Sun like containers (only smaller, hard to describe but check it out and you'll get what I mean). Could be an option . . .

Illuminare is also a good line -- their thing is "liquid minerals" so they have a good SPF and are *supposedly* non-acnegenic. Anyway, their stuff comes in little Neosporin looking tubes, so thats pretty discrete as well (and they aren't clear, so it's not obviously a big tube of pink/brown foundation that you're carrying. The ultimate/all day foundation/concealor is the most matte.

Here's what Illuminare says about their makeup:

Illuminar� liquid mineral makeup contains no plant extracts, perfumes, artificial dyes, animal derivatives, mica, bismuth oxychloride, talc, petroleum or any ingredients that are not absolutely needed in order to make a superior performing makeup and sunscreen in one.

I believe Cargo's ingredients are listed at sephora, so you can check them out there.