Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My derm prescribed me retin a micro and even though I used a tiny amount my entire face has turned very red, like suburn, and its peeling bad, which i expected- but my skin is also very dry from it. i stopped using it last night but it hasnt improved how long will this take? anything i can do to help my skin get back to normal?

Well you can get intial outbreaks with lots of the acne treatments out there. Your best bet is to just stick with it, and it will get better. In many cases your skin gets worse before it gets better (that should tell you the medicine is working). As for the dryness, start using a moisturizer. If your skin is too dry (e.g. peely) then you're only irratating your skin making the time for the acne to go away longer.

Or you could just talk a dermatologist.

SEAL Wannabe

i had a HORRIBLE initial breakout on retin-a micro, but after a few weeks my skin was flawless. try to stick it out- if you're having that sort of initial breakout, it's most likely working.

p.s. if it clears you up, don't stop using it like i did. my acne came back much worse when i stopped using it (because i stupidly thought that when it was gone it was gone... i'm back on it now)

good luck!!

yeah, burnt? doesnt sound like an initial breakout to me

sounds like you have super sensitive skin and might want to call your doc and see what he says.

i had the same deal with nearly every topical i used.. and none of them really worked (except clindamyacin.. wayyyyyy back in the day)

good luck with that