Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ty189

Acne Free "scar fade and erase"

So as i was wandering thru the lovely skincare isle at target my eyes fell upon a box that claims it could erase scars :shock: , now i know it prolly won't work but it was on sale and i coudln't help buying it.

heres what it is: it comes with the scar lotion: 2%hydroquinone (skin lightener) and then a bottle of lotion which has sunscreen in it to help make the process work faster....i dunno it looks pretty fishy to me but i am gonna give it a try. Anyone else heard of it?

Believe it or not, I've actually had some decent results with this stuff. It's cheap as hell (15 bucks from good ole' Wal-Mart) lasts about 2 months if used lightly, and works well after deeply massaging it in. I'd say in about 3 weeks I had a noticeable change in the heady redmarking in the middle of my cheeks. The moisturizer is great too. Non-comedogenic with 15spf.

STG the stuff does work great. I was on Accutane and this kept my skin looking healthy, took away red marks, and have made some scars less noticable. The best $15 I have ever spent on skin products.

peace

You know I tried this stuff and like many people on this board I HATED it when they would even mention shish like over the counter stuff from Neutrogena, University Medical or other so called brands. But I can let you know that this stuff does work to some extent only on people who have VERY shallow scarring and break outs are no longer a problem for them. Unfortunately, I liked the way it made my skin feel, but I was forced to discontinue it because it caused me such breakouts that I ended up with new scarring--which in the end $20 bucks wasnt' worth it.

Many of these products the application involves a lot of rubbing into the skin, exacerbating the irritation for new breakouts. If you don't have a problem with break outs you can try it otherwise, I would reccommend you stay away from it. The moisturizer from Clearasil's Ultra Acne Scar Care System are good tho. In the end, you have to consider that scars are just too difficult and stubborn and over the counter stuff will not eliminate them more than 5-15% at most. If you are looking for better results for more serious marks try a strong peel.

So as i was wandering thru the lovely skincare isle at target my eyes fell upon a box that claims it could erase scars :shock: , now i know it prolly won't work but it was on sale and i coudln't help buying it.

heres what it is: it comes with the scar lotion: 2%hydroquinone (skin lightener) and then a bottle of lotion which has sunscreen in it to help make the process work faster....i dunno it looks pretty fishy to me but i am gonna give it a try. Anyone else heard of it?

did that stuff help with pigmentation also? did it make ur skin dry or peel? :shifty: