Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fut

What is it about accutane

What is it about accutane that causes slow healing and red marks? Does it take away all the fibroblasts that stimulates collagen which heals these red marks? Or what? Does anyone know the scientific reasoning?

It regulates (read: slows) the division of fast dividing cells. Overactive cell sloughing in the pore is largely responsible for the clogs that cause acne. The repurcussions of this effect are that it also slows healing and causes birth defects since in both cases the cells are fast dividing.

But surely if the fast dividing cells were being regulated to normal levels, then the majority of normal skinned people out there would have slow healing skin, yet they dont.......

They aren't taking Accutane. There is no relationship between general healing and cell sloughing rate in normal skin that i am aware of. Accutane doesn't narrowly target only the cells in the pores - it effects fast dividing cells in general. Kinda like a shotgun instead of a rifle, ya dig? Slow healing and birth defects are side effects.

It regulates (read: slows) the division of fast dividing cells. Overactive cell sloughing in the pore is largely responsible for the clogs that cause acne. The repurcussions of this effect are that it also slows healing and causes birth defects since in both cases the cells are fast dividing.

You're always so informative........Where do you find/how do you know this stuff?

yeh coz u know how i got burnt that was 2 months after tane. its fukt i wish i never took the stuff. it hasnt even stoped my acne yet it gives me so much trouble with my sport as i play contact sport. if my derm told me this stuff i wouldnt even have taken it and had acne. its actually made my acne worse (bigger pimples).

id rather heal properly. id pay money to get my healing back

one last thing. before i got burnt i had this reacurring itchy red rash sort of thing on my nose and a bit on my cheeks. id never had this before. the only part that my face burnt was on that area where i had the skin irritation. i personally recon this scabs and burnt thingy was not my fault as all my body and face was a little burnt but where my face had this skin problem due to the generic brand orotane caused my face to scab and stuff.

i personally feel orotane is a joke to be giving to anyone as shit happens but not something that can make my skin worse or give me cancer. i got depressed, sore muscles, put on weight ,i have no smell my nose is always dry my skin irritates, i get sick all the time, and i have no energy. now my face is this burnt id like to say id be happy to die of skin cancer tomorrow, orotane seriously changed and ruined my life.

so what is this itchy red annoying thing i got on my face. who fucking knows but its now turned into scabs on my face. the only person that would know (my derm) is on fucking anual leave. what do i do now just sit here all upset with no doctor to tell me what to do.

sorry about my aggression but iv seriously had enough even though im ussually a strong person. At the moment im very mentally broken down coz of this crap

You're always so informative........Where do you find/how do you know this stuff?

When i realized i was going to need another course i started reading up, and i retain most of what i read. So basically, i'm a geek. :lol2:

id rather heal properly. id pay money to get my healing back

Your healing and sun sensitivity should return to normal within about six months.

i think that alot of it is the dry skin factor. i have found that when my skin is dry and i am off tane, my pimples heal much slower.