Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KryptoKnight

New medications Derm gave me is making my face worse

I've been off accutane for about 7ish months now and during that time my face was great. Howeer now my face started coming back a little bit (not that much) I go to my derm to see what I can get for it and he gives me Minocyclin, Clindamycin, and Re10 wash. My face right now after about 3.5 weeks is worse than it was orignially, a significant amount worse. I'm thinkin of just dropping everything except I plan on finishing the Myacin and just trying to use Dan's regimen, or go back to my derm. What do you think?

stick eith what u are doing now...give it time...i know u dont have time but just try

I've been off accutane for about 7ish months now and during that time my face was great. Howeer now my face started coming back a little bit (not that much) I go to my derm to see what I can get for it and he gives me Minocyclin, Clindamycin, and Re10 wash. My face right now after about 3.5 weeks is worse than it was orignially, a significant amount worse. I'm thinkin of just dropping everything except I plan on finishing the Myacin and just trying to use Dan's regimen, or go back to my derm. What do you think?

How did you like the RE10 wash?

minocycline made my mild acne very moderate..

i hated it. it made my skin so much worse. it never worked

and i've been on it for 5 weeks. Well now i've been off it for 2 days

and my skin is already better

Don't stop the treatment without talking to your derm first. My derm said it would take, at BEST, 4 weeks to see any kind of results from antibiotics. But more likely 6-8 weeks. Don't give up. But do talk to your derm if you are considering stopping the treatment. I only took minocycline for about 2 weeks and didn't see much difference in that time. Then I had to stop due to it making me really sick! I started Septra a week later and I'm now starting to see a difference. Patience is key. I know it's hard!