Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaybo

burnt after using tane pic

well i hope this pic works to show my skin damage that the sun causes when on orotane. 1stly i had green puss come outa my nose then scabs. i hope it wont scar or cause skin problems. getting burnt on tane will it cause you to get acne coming back>?

also if anyone has been burnt when using tane id like to hear from you and thanks. im a bit worried cos i havnt spoke to a doctor or my derm as he is on anual leave. this is a burn from 45 degree heat

post-31494-1136379200_thumb.jpg

post-31494-1136379200_thumb.jpg

oh yeh and the white stuff is not skin its just cream lol. also for some reason it didnt hurt just that my skin has gone like that

I don't think it will affect your acne/scars or chances of getting clear, but it will take a while to heal, longer than if you weren't on tane. Oh, and you're now more likely to get skin cancer.

i forgot to add iv been of tane for like 2 months. also i had this itchy red rash on my nose and cheeks. this is where i got burnt the most. i feel this is what made my sunburn on my nose so severe. but anyway im gunna go see a gp seeing my derm isnt there. i think my derm thinks im telepathic.

also whoever reads this post from now on. can you plz give my sunburn a rating on how serious you think it is. iv looked at photoes for burns like mine from the sun on google. there is no sun burn that looks even close to mine. the only burn that looks like mine are 3rd degrees. i dont think mine would be that bad as my skin doesnt even hurt. im just worried cause its not normal. and piece to the valley and good luck to everyone who takes tane but i personally feel its not worth the trouble. mabe it was the generic brand

You are going to suffer from pigmentation on your nose and will be highly suseptable to melanoma.

Is that the same for other burns? Like because I burnt my face with glycolic acid.. I am more likely to get skin cancer?

IR radiation will not burn you (that is the 45 degree heat had nothing to do with it) - it is UV radiation that will give you skin cancer. I live in Australia and that day it was 11+ on the UV spectrum which is why your skin was burnt that badly.

Or, unless you meant you scalded yourself with 45 degree water.

i got burnt on my nose badly and the funny thing is its like 1sy degree burn 2nd.thats fukt it didnt even hurt at all. its so wierd. please guys be careful in the sun. i just hope ill be fine. kinda sucks my derm is on leave

i have some vitamin e oil natural on my nose il post another pik .there is a faint pinkish that looks like its going white. is this remotley close to the same falling over and skinning my noes. is that pigmentation and is it possible i might be lucky coz im hopeing. this pigmentation does that mean my nose will look pink or will that go away. iv heard of people burning like this before without tane. is it worse cause i was on tane and wont heal properly and leave it pink like my shoulder already from when i fell over on tane. its pink now and i got burnt there too. im definatley getting cancer. oh well what can i do but try and get as many ladies and money as possible before that time. then my family can inherit my hard work lol

yeh it was in australia but if i was on a high rise building in a pool would the fact that im higher of the ground increase the uv? like really high it was in sydney on a block of apartments. so because i didnt use water resistent sun screen will it totally come of in the water?

this my nose and the scabs at the top have come of now it is a bit pink. is that the pigmentation. will my nose now be pink for the rest of my life?

i hope my nose doesnt stay pink ill look like a clown. will it stay pink

this my nose and the scabs at the top have come of now it is a bit pink. is that the pigmentation. will my nose now be pink for the rest of my life?

Did you call your derm and tell him/her what happened? You might want it looked at in case they have any suggestions to prevent any pigmentation change.

its really gay because my derm is on leave and i went to the reception and she goes well hes on leave and dont know of any other derms around the area. she sent me to the gp next door and he said i cant help you. man this fukn derm receptionist should atleast be able to help me as i am a client of theirs. its a joke but i just hope my nose will not stay pink.

its really gay because my derm is on leave and i went to the reception and she goes well hes on leave and dont know of any other derms around the area. she sent me to the gp next door and he said i cant help you. man this fukn derm receptionist should atleast be able to help me as i am a client of theirs. its a joke but i just hope my nose will not stay pink.

Just keep using the vitamin e oil.

Nah should be fine. You've basically done a dermabrasion, but with carcinogenic sunlight instead of acid.

It may be red for a few weeks or months, but it should heal well by the look of it.

From what I can see you shouldn't have any scarring at all from that. You've probably upped your chances of skin cancer slightly.

Still, sunlight causes skin aging and that can make your skin a bit red; but it will improve considerably from where it is right now.

well iv been using oil and cream lol like 6 times a day when i get chance. the good thing is i still pikt up this girl that was hot. i said check out my burn she said didnt even notice lol. i think she was being nice. still it may not matter to others but i care about how i look and get really paranoid about my skin. this burning experience really gave me a idea on how sensitive my skin is and i dont like it. anyway i think im lucky as i would have way more burnt if i hadnt got locked in the lobby which kept me away from the sun for the rest of the day. i thank god i wasnt in the sun the whole day. hopefully people on tane will now realize from my experience. i was probably in the sun for 4 hours with non-water resistent sunscreen. it was the morning sun too

thanks guys for the replys it has really helped as i obviously have no derm to talk to lol. but even though i was so silly to be in the sun like that drunk, i did treat my burn with alovera every half an hour and vitamin e cream,oil. so hopefully me treating it the way i did helped it considerably

Guest Poker-Butt

try using an umbrella to hide from the sun ;) or maybe one of these

IPB Image

i would if i was a girl. very trendy hat though i like the style haha. i might get one of those mexican hats next time im out drinking. think i might get a bottle of tequila and eat the worm.

anyway ill post up a pic tomorrow . my cousin said there was major improvement since yeaterday. i wonder if getting burnt like that will increase the chances of my acne returning

Guest Poker-Butt

there u go! ...ooh ! maybe a cowboy hat? :think::think:

Guest Fearless*Bunny

there u go! ...ooh ! maybe a cowboy hat? :think::think:

Cowboy hat would be hot and functional.

i wonder if getting burnt like that will increase the chances of my acne returning

It's not impossible. Sunlight damages collagen production and IRC collagen is allegedly somehow involved in some mysterious way as part of the protection against infections like acne. But I've never understood how or why.

Still sunburn is mostly UVB damage whereas its UVA that damages collagen. So depending on what time of day you burnt you might not have to worry too much (UVB is mostly around midday).

here is my new pics all the scabs are of but now im left with a bit of a pink nose. any suggestions on whether my nose will stay like this now?