Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memzba

has Differin gel (adapalene) helped with anyone's red marks?

i just started differin (i dont have any acne, just lots and lots of red marks from past pimples) and im wondering if this has helped anyone with their marks? i really hope because this is the only treatment im using against the marks right now!

Hey. I'm kind of in the same situation as you, I don't have any acne now but I do have a lot of red marks. My doctor told me to only use a really tiny amount of differin on my face, but I used quite a bit more and it worked incredibly well. Like every day I woke up I think they had faded a little bit more. I would definitely recommend using it for red marks. I had to stop though, because I'm doing a glycolic acid peel soon and you can't use any Retin-A's for two weeks prior to doing that. But yeah, differin is really really good for red marks, and if you used it longer that I did (which was less than two weeks, but I still noticed a difference) i'm sure it would help heeaps. Good luck with it :)

O thank you so much! This has given me hope! You don't know how much happier you made me. I was getting depressed again, nothing new :(, because I was afraid that the Differin might not help at all. But you're right, every morning when I get up I notice that my faces looks nicer and the marks are a bit lighter. My face is also smooth AS GLASS, honestly. I've only been using it for a few days, or maybe a week, so I hope this really does help in the long-run. Thank you so much!

Has anyone else experienced positive results from Differin on red marks?

differin is useless. i got better results using GA peels in less than a month than using differin for 4 months. but hey our skins are all different

O thank you so much! This has given me hope! You don't know how much happier you made me. I was getting depressed again, nothing new :(, because I was afraid that the Differin might not help at all. But you're right, every morning when I get up I notice that my faces looks nicer and the marks are a bit lighter. My face is also smooth AS GLASS, honestly. I've only been using it for a few days, or maybe a week, so I hope this really does help in the long-run. Thank you so much!

Has anyone else experienced positive results from Differin on red marks?

No problem :). I hope it helps you. I know what you mean, red marks can get you really depressed sometimes. That's why this forum is great - most people here have had the same feeling. I'm still a newbie here though. You might want to have a look at this thread too for red marks if you haven't already:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=35135 I've been doing a variation of this lately and I think it helps. Except that I wouldn't use the apple cidar vinegar.. a lot of people think this does nothing except make your red marks more visible after you apply it. But some people really like it too. So I don't know :P Anyway good luck w/ everything.

Nope... no luck wit' the scars.. it does help a bit wit' the acne though.. it dries up your face like heck though!! G'luck!

do you mean actual scars? Or red marks/hyperpigmentation? Because I don't think it would be very effective with scars so much as with red marks. Obviously it depends on the severity of the red marks too..

has Differin helped fade your red/dark marks? i hope it fades mine..i dunno how much more of this i can take :(

I've been using Differin for almost 3 years now and it has done jack for my red marks. Helps with my acne though although it took 5 or 6 months to see full results. At first it broke me out more and made my face extremely dry. But that passed and it has helped my acne. Sorry to tell you it didn't help with my marks. But everyone is different so who knows. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

~*~*Farther Away*~*~

omg ^^^ you are just the person i am looking for! i have been trying to find people who have been using Differin for years and years because Differin is a retinoid and as such it is anti-aging, so I'm wondering if your skin good? did it help with wrinkles and such because 3 years is a long time. it is anti-aging and retinoids are the best anti-aging products so i would stick with it. can you describe your skin? has the Differin made your skin perfect, besides the red marks? thank you!!!

omg ^^^ you are just the person i am looking for! i have been trying to find people who have been using Differin for years and years because Differin is a retinoid and as such it is anti-aging, so I'm wondering if your skin good? did it help with wrinkles and such because 3 years is a long time. it is anti-aging and retinoids are the best anti-aging products so i would stick with it. can you describe your skin? has the Differin made your skin perfect, besides the red marks? thank you!!!

^^

bump! would love to know too! :)

oh, memzba, do you apply Differin to the whole face or just to the red marks?

THANKS!

I'm only 26 so I don't have to worry about wrinkles yet thankfully! So I'm probably not going to be much help as far as that is concerned. I don't have any lines or wrinkles though, but I have no idea if the Differin has helped with that. As far as I know Differin isn't really used for wrinkles, Retin-A and Retin-A Micro are more commonly used for that. My skin is not perfect, no wrinkles, still have some red marks and I still break out but not as much as I used too. My face used to be covered in zits and now I only have maybe a few or a little more at a time. HTHS! :) Maybe someone else can answer your anti-aging questions. Good luck though.

~*~*Farther Away*~*~

thanks memzba! so apply to the whole face and neck, huh? i'll try that...it's just that it's pretty hot here Down Under and i have to be careful...don't wanna get burnt! :)

a question for those who've used it for awhile!is differin strong enough to create indents on your face? i'm asking this cos a friend of mine used it and he now has shallow indents (can't really see them unless you're VERY close...and differin cleared his acne by 99%!! ). would be great to know before i start using it religiously! :angel:

THANKS!

thanks memzba! so apply to the whole face and neck, huh? i'll try that...it's just that it's pretty hot here Down Under and i have to be careful...don't wanna get burnt! :)

a question for those who've used it for awhile!is differin strong enough to create indents on your face? i'm asking this cos a friend of mine used it and he now has shallow indents (can't really see them unless you're VERY close...and differin cleared his acne by 99%!! ). would be great to know before i start using it religiously! :angel:

THANKS!

The indents were from his acne, not Differin. Differin can't do something like that. At least I've never heard of it. Acne causes scars on a lot of people, that's most likely where they came from.

ive been using Differin consistently for about a week now but i cant see any fading yet...ugggg i just hope this Differin fades them!!!! i dont know what else to do!!!

ok so basically every testimonial of Differin i've read says that it DOESNOT fade marks! even in YEARS!!! omg this sux....

ok so basically every testimonial of Differin i've read says that it DOESNOT fade marks! even in YEARS!!! omg this sux....

Yeah that annoys me...For just $10 more and no doctor's visit I could have gotten green cream, which seems to help acne and red marks and pores and everything else faster than differin. But my doctor wouldn't prescribe birth control for acne until I'd tried differin first, despite the fact that I'm already on duac and all the acne I get is at very defined and predictable points in my cycle.

i just started differin (i dont have any acne, just lots and lots of red marks from past pimples) and im wondering if this has helped anyone with their marks? i really hope because this is the only treatment im using against the marks right now!

i used differin about 6 months ago. i thought it helped a lot. well..not sure if it was only due to the differin but during this time, my red marks healed up the fastest.even off of glycolic peels. could be coincidence i dunno

Update...I actually think this is helping pretty fast with red marks. I stopped using it for a few weeks because I wasn't breaking out and was somehow under the impression that using the AH souffle would work faster, then started back and was surprised at how fast they were fading. It's irritating and my skin has become very sensitive but I love what it's doing for red marks.

but what if the AHA souffle was the one that helped..because you said right when you went back they were fading fast that was probably from the souffle right?

I used Differin for about 10 months (stopped about a month ago) and it seemed to help slightly with red marks, but nothing fantastic. I also noticed it didn't do much for my skin texture..it also caused flushing. It did however help A LOT with my acne so I was grateful for that.