Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lanks

Exercise is cruical to get rid of acne.

I believe a big factor of getting pimples clear is consistant exercise and a fairly good diet, 2 litres of water a day is a must.

When you exercise blood pumps through the face and everywhere else in your body, so all the bad bacteria is practically washed away from the inside.

Also it's just general good health to at least do a 15 minute run everyday.

It's the chemical imbalances in the system that cause acne and if you have proper blood circulation (in other words good fitness levels) achieved through exercise the body can easily desperse all the imbalances quickly.

Just make sure to wash your face and do the regimen after exercise, sweat and dirt can really screw things up.

I believe a big factor of getting pimples clear is consistant exercise and a fairly good diet, 2 litres of water a day is a must.

When you exercise blood pumps through the face and everywhere else in your body, so all the bad bacteria is practically washed away from the inside.

It's the chemical imbalances in the system that cause acne and if you have proper blood circulation (in other words good fitness levels) achieved through exercise the body can easily desperse all the imbalances quickly.

Just make sure to wash your face and do the regimen after exercise, sweat and dirt can really screw things up.

I was also thinking the same thing a couple days ago.As u can see most basketball players dont have acne,because they sweat a lot,Ive seen few guys on nba who has acne and they were rookie after a few weeks i saw there face was completely clear ,must be excersing and sweating daily.So il see ya all laters IM going for a workout today

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a grossly overweight person with anything more than mild acne.

I am as healthy as you can get yet not clear. I used to play three sports, one each season, in high school and now i work out 4-5 times a week and while exercise is good for the body and overall health, i am pretty sure it has no significant impact on acne.

Guest Poker-Butt

soon gym soon...real soon we will be together again... i promise u this , my beloved gym

I'm a basketball player and have played at a pretty high level for 3 years and it has made no difference at all. If anything the sweating makes it worse for me.

I was also thinking the same thing a couple days ago.As u can see most basketball players dont have acne,because they sweat a lot,Ive seen few guys on nba who has acne and they were rookie after a few weeks i saw there face was completely clear ,must be excersing and sweating daily.So il see ya all laters IM going for a workout today

will i play basketball i have mild acne but my acne was a little worse so it could be sweating but its not the only thing

it's not really the exercise that helps acne. it helps regulate blood flow and other internal stuff, boosting performance of the important organs (lungs, liver, kidneys, etc), and with better performance from these guys, you body cleans out impurities more efficiently, leading to less acne.

whether or not it helps acne, exercise ain't bad. do it

and wash up afterwards. a lot of people link sweating to acne. the only real correlation is if you don't wash your face and you leave all that sweat and grim on your face, it might cause acne

I personally think you're onto something... sometimes acne is caused by an excess of androgens (male hormones) in your system.. and exercise is a proven way to reduce androgen levels, so there is some kind of connection between the two.. either way... exercise is good for you and is a great stress reliever!

Guest Fearless*Bunny

Really? What about exercises like yoga or pilates?

Yoga seriously gets my heart pumping. I know it might not look like it but it's a great workout.

Really? What about exercises like yoga or pilates?

Yoga seriously gets my heart pumping. I know it might not look like it but it's a great workout.

schweet! :wub:

Well, I used to work out five times a week and it was actually during that time that I developed acne. I don't think it was because of the exercise, but still; it didn't help. I am going to start working out frequently again, so we'll see what happens.

it's not really the exercise that helps acne. it helps regulate blood flow and other internal stuff, boosting performance of the important organs (lungs, liver, kidneys, etc), and with better performance from these guys, you body cleans out impurities more efficiently, leading to less acne.

whether or not it helps acne, exercise ain't bad. do it

and wash up afterwards. a lot of people link sweating to acne. the only real correlation is if you don't wash your face and you leave all that sweat and grim on your face, it might cause acne

This was more of the way I was thinking. I broke out as soon as I stopped exercising for 3 months ( I had a hip injury so it wasn't a choice ).

More importantly is your diet as I said before, 2 litres of water a day is a must (you should drink even more 3-4lts in a day after exercising and sweating excessively).

When you excerise the body needs a place to store all the bad chemicals which are brought out by exercise ( the body naturally dumps the gylocose and the stored energy from the muscules and fat into the bloodstream ). Water dilutes these chemicals down which then doesn't have the need to show out in the form of breakouts.

If you don't excerise and have a bad diet, the chances are your probably going to end up even worse.

I don't think anybody here would say that after a night of drinking or bad eating they havn't broken out.

( alcohol dries out the bloodstream, again water is essential. )

not necessarily true..I used to do Taebo like everyday for 5 months..I'm talking serious puddle dripping sweat. My acne didn't really get better. I think it actually made it worse b/c when I stopped doing all that intense working out, I stopped getting the small bumps along my hairline :think:

But how much water did you drink afterwards ?? If you sweated that much 3lt's would be a bare minimum.

Just like foods, there isn't a link with exercise and acne. I've been on the regimen for 3 years after stopping Taekwondo due to an injury. Exercise didn't affect my situation at all. It could of course make it worse through irritation from machines or the funk that is present everywhere in the gym. Like you said, sweat and dirt can screw things up. The key is to not touch, or let anything else touch your face. Especially while working out. That's a dirty place. Don't wash any "harder" or "better" than usual. Just follow the regimen and everything will fall into place.

As for alcohol causing acne: nonsense! I've never had acne problems because of drinking. If you are breaking out after a bout of drinking you've probably been touching random things and slapping yourself in the face, or smooshing your face awkwardly against the floor. Maybe you're more careless when you drink, but it's not going to make your acne worse. There is simply no proof.

There is also no scientific evidence that water intake will help acne go away. It may make your skin more supple and less dry, but acne is not caused by dehydration. Irritation from overwashing or overdrying from washing can make it worse, yes. However, a good 1.5-2 liters of water a day is a great thing.

You guys are using a lot of jargon and little proof. If these things are true I have single-handedly defied all of these theories. Yes acne is triggered at puberty, but if it can be "cured" through benzoyl peroxide then hormones are not really the actual cause. The best thing is to ignore the science—or pseudoscience in this case—and stick with the regimen.