Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shantilly

Regimen kind of working, veterans help!!

Please give me some advice...

I do not have bad acne. I do get pus-filled pimples in spots pretty often, but they are usually not big and go away pretty fast. My huge problem are tons of tiny flesh-colored bumps on my cheeks and chin that if squeezed shoot out a long white thing (I know, gross) They are not too noticeable, but make my skin look SO uneven. (what are these??whiteheads?) I also have what I saw described in a thread here recently, the enlarged pores that look whitish and when you squeeze, a small, waxy, booger-y (for lack of a better word!) looking thing comes out. Will the regimen clear these?? Here's how I do it:

I am 4 weeks into the regimen, as of tomorrow, and I use Cetaphil waterless wash, then the BP gel, then Cetaphil spf15 moisturizer sometimes once, sometimes twice a day. (I have majorly sensitive skin, so I haven't started doing it solid twice a day yet) The regimen has helped my forehead a lot, but now my cheeks are full of the little flesh colored bumps and I have a crapload of the enlarged (probably clogged) pores. I don't want to stop because nothing else has worked since Murad's acnecomplex crap RUINED my skin (don't get me started :mad: ) Will doing this clear what I have, can anyone tell me?

I have the same thing on my chin. No, the regimen won't clear these bumps, but meh, they're not noticeable so whatever.

The regimen won't help the little bumps? What about the waxy stuff that gets in my pores, will it help clear those? If not, does anyone know what will?

you may need to try some glycolic acid (AHA) at some point, I think that exfoliation might help those, but you don't want to scrub or be harsh. Consider looking into a moisturizer with some AHA in it, either glycolic or lactic acid.

Guest Poker-Butt

im currently on the regimen as well...17 th day ...i have a million clogged pores on my cheeks and let me tell u ...these clogged pores...yea...they're ALL surfacing ...i do use eucerin skin renewal which i believe has lactic acid ...maybe thats why ...but those fuckers ...all 17 of them...once for each day on the regimen are just sitting on my face ...so yea...get this moisturizer...u can find it at drugstore.com ... the breakout sux but at least theyre on their way to be gone FOREVER! muahahahahahahahahahahahaha! j/p :P ...but yes..look into it

good luck to u

ehm *cough* Salacylic Acid *cough* It's not as bad as everyone says. I use a Triple Alpha Hydroxy Wash that contains Malic Acid, Lactic Acid, and Salacylic Acid, its called "Clean" by Zirh. Seems to make my pores small and my complexion better. It is said that Salacylic Acid helps break down whiteheads and blackheads.

I wouldn't reccomend just buying striaght up Salacylic though. Like i said, the stuff my Zirh is good. A lot of people will also NOT reccomend this, as they say it could overly dry your face! My face doesn't get too bad. I wash with it, shave, apply BP, and moisturize. My skin feels and looks smooth.

I've had good luck with salicylic acid also, although I didn't start using it until I'd been on the regimen for a few months. You need to be very very careful when mixing SA and BP, a *lot* of people report this as too harsh for their skin. In my case it really was the magic trick though.

I use this (Clearasil Acne Fighting Facial Moisturizer):

IPB Image

which works very well for me. I've also just started with this (Paula's Choice BHA Lotion):

IPB Image

If you decide to try this, wait a while until your skin is totally used to the BP, and then spot test to make sure that the SA isn't too irritating for it.

pretty much the only effective way to clear pores is to get a facial. all those "pore cleansing" cleansers do jack.

How many facials would it take to clear some really clogged pores, and how many facials a year would it take to keep the pores unclogged?