Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnedefeater

is glycolic acid a part of the regimen?

As I understand, glycolic acid is very good in the treatment of acne. I also hear that bp actually does not fade your red marks. WIth continued usage of bp how are the red marks supposed to fade? Can I make the Alpha Hydrox Brand AHA a part of my regimen by applying it after the bp has dried and before moisturizing?

G. Acid is not part of Dan's Regimen.

Dan's Regimen is Cleanser, 2.5% BP, Moisturize.

Anything you add is to your own discretion, as products react differently to everyone's face.

How are you supposed to get the marks to fade with just the bp and moisutrizer?

With marks it makes everyone look like they still have acne, but in reality don't.

I use a Triple Alpha Hydroxy wash with Salacylic, Malic, and Lactic acid. Rem marks seem to fade faster. Also, makes my skin very smooth. Only been using it for a week and a half, not sure how my face will react next week. We shall see.

some people do add in some AHA after they've gotten clear, myself included. It has helped in the overall appearance of my skin.

We usually advise you stick to the Regimen precisely until you are clear, then if you want to add in other variables, you can consider doing so, one at a time.

And yea, the link Enigma supplied has more details.