Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

Question to dan and others on bp dosage

Hey ive heard some people on this board say they use bp once a day only at night and they cleared up , i wanted to ask what dan and others think about this.would it be ok to use bp once a day only at night is it that affective? then just use wash and mouisteri if needed? or is it possible to use teh regime as dan says twice a day but when you finally clear is it ok to use once a day at night? ive even heard some people use it once a day every other day , just please give me some feed back thanks.

( dan would you be kind enuff to run any tests like you did for the jessica exfoliation? )

Hey ive heard some people on this board say they use bp once a day only at night and they cleared up , i wanted to ask what dan and others think about this.would it be ok to use bp once a day only at night is it that affective? then just use wash and mouisteri if needed? or is it possible to use teh regime as dan says twice a day but when you finally clear is it ok to use once a day at night? ive even heard some people use it once a day every other day , just please give me some feed back thanks.

( dan would you be kind enuff to run any tests like you did for the jessica exfoliation? )

Some ppl cleared up with applying BP twice a day wherelse some ppl with once a day.. so what i can say to you is u have to see for yourself what works for you.. if applying once a day doesnt clear u up then jolly well do it twice a day :angel:

I think the best way to go about this is to use it twice a day until you are clear, just as Dan describes, then once you are clear, experiment with reducing and then dropping one application, and see how your skin reacts. For some, this will work, for others, it won't. You'll just have to see how your skin responds.

Also, keep in mind that everything may seem fine at first when you go to once daily application. However, acne can take a couple of weeks to form, so you may end up "mysteriously" breaking out a week or two after going to once dailly application. If you do, you'll know why.

I've only been on the regimen for a couple of weeks, but I feel like it is working. For me, I only use a fraction of what is recommended, because I don't have the severe acne that some suffer from, and it's not all over, just my nose and chin, slight, very minor stuff on my cheeks that has already cleared. I do follow the regimen morning and night, but the amount of BP I use is only about a fingertip worth. I use more on my problem areas and a light dusting over my non-problem areas. Then I always moisturize.

So follow what works for you, where you need it. I would start off with less, and then add more, rather than vice-versa. It's working for me, and it's gentler than going full-tilt right off.