Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jabber

need help; on accutane

I have finished two months of accutane; my derm says that I have high triglycerides shown from my blood test. It went up from 114 to 235 in a month!!! He said if it continues to increase then he will have to take me off of accutane.

I haven't been eating many fatty foods. Anyone else having this problem? How do I lower my triglycerides? Am I in any danger?

sometimes when this happens on accutane.. it is because accutane is taking effect on your liver.. your liver digests fats (triglycerides).. and a possible side effect is liver problems..which is more serious then acne in the long run.. hopefully things get better tho.. start doing some exercies and have a strict diet

Did you eat anything before the blood test? This could affect the outcome, too. You're supposed to take it after having fasted (like in the morning before breakfast).

I didn't eat anything; I did fast

but you are supposed to fast for 12 hours and within those 12 hours, I did take my accutane pill with water(instead of food)

could this be why?

lol thats not a large jump, after my first month on 40 mg a day of tane, my triglycerides went from 200 to 470! my derm said since im young it really doesnt matter, as long as they arent in the 600-800 range. my fam physician concurred saying that a triglyceride lowering drug is only needed for those who are older in age and have tri levels of like 550 and up.