Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinksugar23

new maybeline Pue makeup line...any one try it?

i just saw this at wal mart today but didn't get it because i just got my bareminerals a week ago and rather like it. But i tried the tester and it seemed very sheer to me. You'd really have to layer it for coverage, also the concealer stick (which i did almost get) was very dark! even the lightest color was far to dark for me. But i did like that the foundation is 50% water.....cool concept. Has anyone tried it out there??-

Guest Fearless*Bunny

Maybelline and my skin just don't seem to get along.

I bought it the other day for a competative product evlauation for work (I make makeup). I got to evaluate it the other day. I kinda like it. I don't like it as much as my Bare Minerals, but I could wear it, if I really cared about wearing makeup. It really doesn't have anything in it that would cause a problem for us acne people, and it's 50% water, so it feels really cooling when you put it on. I'm not going to wear it on a daily basis, and I 'm using Rx topicals, so I won't be able to really tell if it breaks me out. One application was fine though.

Hi,

I'm using Maybelline Pure Makeup right now in Light 4 and it gives really medium coverage and doesn't clog my pores and isn't drying or cakey. I haven't used for very long though, but I like it alot so far... hope that helps. I'm wearing it with blush in the attached pic and with mac concealer on very red problem areas.

post-35626-1137477150_thumb.jpg

post-35626-1137477150_thumb.jpg

I tried it. It's certainly impressive for $5 makeup but it's nothing amazing. I think maybe my skin is too dry for it -- I noticed it made my skin flake, which of course made the makeup look cakey and obvious. My merle norman aqua base makes my skin flake too if I'm not well-moisturized immediately before putting it on, though. The coverage is light but buildable. If you don't think you have enough coverage when you first put it on you can just put on another layer, and it looks fine. I couldn't get a good color match -- I can never find anything cool enough for my skin in the right shade, which is right between fair and medium, so with cheap makeups with limited color selection it's pretty much impossible for me to get a decent match. I'm keeping it because I could definitely see myself wearing this during the summer or when I'm back home in a humid climate. I would wear it during my oilier PMS week but I always get lots of breakouts and need better coverage. I could see this being a great foundation for someone with super-oily young teenage skin though -- when I was 15 and greasy I'd have loved it. When it comes to light coverage in the $5-$6 range, I'd recommend this to people with oily skin or who want coverage closer to a light foundation, and cg smoothers TM for dry skin or minimal coverage. It's nothing to go trading your LM or other expensive makeups for but it's not disgusting, which is more than I'd say for almost anything else I've tried by maybelline (I've never been impressed by anything of theirs, personally).

OOOOOOOOooooooooooo! Exotic Olive you look GREAT! (sorry I haven't tried the Maybelline Pure, I just had to say that...)

Hi,

I'm using Maybelline Pure Makeup right now in Light 4 and it gives really medium coverage and doesn't clog my pores and isn't drying or cakey. I haven't used for very long though, but I like it alot so far... hope that helps. I'm wearing it with blush in the attached pic and with mac concealer on very red problem areas.

AMEN TO THAT! i do the same thing. although my concealer is from clinique. MAYBELLINE PURE STAY won't cause any breakout. light on the skin and gives a good finish. i'm a guy so i use it only to prevent my face from getting too oily. i've been on it for like 4 or 5 days now and no one's noticed i wear powder on my face. they ask if i'm on accutane because the oil's not there anymore and my skin's gotten clearer (because of the regimen). so there.