Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keisha

why are soo many threads being closed?

This is place where you are able to talk about anything (other than something offensive or racist) but I noticed that lots of threads are being closed down for no good reasons. Just because one person doesn't like the thread it doesn't mean other people don't like it too. Who cares if a thread is pointless, if people wanna read it and reply back to it they will, no one is forced to read anything so i see no point in closing a thread down unless it's for the reasons above. We need freedom of speech here guys. I know my thread is probably gonna close too but i just want to voice my opinion on this.

Some of the moderators are too sensitive. Chill out guys. This is an emo place, we can share our thoughts and feelings.

This forum is for discussion of the emotional and psychological effects of acne. It isn't a general discussion forum.

If you want that, you want the lounge. Members are eligible for the lounge after 50 posts and 1 month on the board.

This forum is for discussion of the emotional and psychological effects of acne. It isn't a general discussion forum.

If you want that, you want the lounge. Members are eligible for the lounge after 50 posts and 1 month on the board.

Even the posts on the lounge are being closed down for no reason. For example, tenshigirl's thread on "interracial relationship", i think it's a good thread because it raise awareness of mixing races but some moderator closed it down because she said it was going nowhere even though lots of members were replying to the thread. It's just radiculous. I understand you guys closing threads that are obvious offensive and racist but some threads are fine just the way it is. And thatguy posted something about sucide and i think it's fine because he's not trying to promote sucide he's just expressing his opinion about how he feels about sucide. Sucide is an emotional and psychological effect of acne so why can't it be posted???

I have mixed feelings about the subject. There are lots of a**holes on here, and the commited members to this site know that very well, so I guess the mod's are just trying to prevent chaos, because that's what usually happens between members and people who have nothing better to do than continously create fake aliases just to start trouble (cough cough Justin cough cough)

I have mixed feelings about the subject. There are lots of a**holes on here, and the commited members to this site know that very well, so I guess the mod's are just trying to prevent chaos, because that's what usually happens between members and people who have nothing better to do than continously create fake aliases just to start trouble (cough cough Justin cough cough)

yeh i know for threads like the one where justin was teaching everyone "how to suck their own dick" then yeh it should be closed down because it's obviously not appropraite.

i kinda think justin and a couple people ruin it for everyone here

it shouldn't be that way

don't punish everyone else just because certain people act a certain way

BWAHHAHAHA, I can't believe I never seen that thread. Can you say "LOSER"?

it was actually kind of funny but still not appropriate. hehe

I closed "thatguy16" 's suicide thread so it could remain a positive uplifting thread. We all know lately there are plenty of jerks who want to come in and sabotage a thread.

He and I discussed it over PM, and he understands.

I closed "thatguy16" 's suicide thread so it could remain a positive uplifting thread. We all know lately there are plenty of jerks who want to come in sabotage a thread.

He and I discussed it over PM, and he understands.

I removed suicide2 because brandy had closed the thread. Mod decisions are final.

well if u guys discussed it and he's ok then i have nothing to say but i just want to point out that it's not always gonna be a positive uplifting thread because not alot of us are feeling that way most of the time.

we have a policy that we not allow threads that discuss killing oneself.

Sorry if yall don't like it, or don't understand it, but that's just how it is.

And, while "thatguy16" had started an anti-suicide type thread, it was only a matter of time before it became a full-on discussion on the entire subject.

You guys aren't always going to agree with moderator actions, but honestly, we do what we feel is best for the well-being of the forums, and everyone here.

After all, we love you guys!

But he wasn't discussing about killing himself, he just said that sucide is a bad idea. but anyways....

Dan where are you???

Yeah we discussed it. I am kinda upset that it was closed so early, rather than being put up until someone ruined it, but I guess mod decisions are final. It's kind of good in a way, because it motivated me to try and become mod, which is why I am sending Dan a message of request. After all, I deserve it because im special (my mom tells me that) :cool:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I think that the mods are doing a great job. Lets not forget they are doing this stuff for free. And i have to admit that whenever i PM certain mods, they ALWAYS help me out. Pat on the back people.

I think that the mods are doing a great job. Lets not forget they are doing this stuff for free. And i have to admit that whenever i PM certain mods, they ALWAYS help me out. Pat on the back people.

on behalf of the mods, thanks for that. :wub:

Guest tenshigirl25

yes, its true..they are like the police..we talk shit about them but when u need them, they are always there for u to help. with the justins roaming the board, im glad they are here...iprobably would have been a mess if it wasnt for thm getting rid of all the "tenshi stalker" posts..im still a bit off about the lounge pg-11..but what can u do?

by the way, if anyone is interested Grey SKies actually is AMO.. :lol2:

thanks GtoO. It's a tough balance modding in here, people are always upset that the site is not modded enough or that it's modded too much. It's not like we're here to make your lives miserable, but you guys have all seen the chaos this site descends into occasionally, we're just trying to keep a balance.

BTW, Tenshi, I explained my decision in the other thread where you were complaining, like I said if you're upset about something you can always pm the mod in question.

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah i know why it was closed..it just seemed unfair at the time because there were many good responses, even if there are crappy responses, i still beleive that's part of life. but seeing as it is PG-11..not much i can do about it, but accept it.