Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PimplesAndWrinkles

How long will this breakout last? A Healing Topical?

I started breaking out after two days on Accutane and the breakout persists. Probably an average of four new pimples on my chin and jaw every day. Some are around my nose and a few on my cheeks. My scalp has also broken out big time, but who cares about that?

What is your experience with this? Does it normally subside in a couple weeks? Will it come back again?

I have started to let my beard grow out where the breakout is the worst. Do you think this is a good idea? It helps cover the ugliness, but I hope it doesn't irritate things.

Who can recommend a good Vitamin E or other topical to help heal these blemishes up?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Erm, I've just finished 2 months. First month @ 40 mg. 2nd month @ 80 mg.

I'm still breakin our horribly .. Even worse than before i started.

People are saying for some it works within the first month and others takes as long as 4-5 months before it gets better than it was BEFORE you started, so... Just give it some time.

Patience is key, here. My first time on Accutane, I cleared up within a month. My second round (a year later), I started off without my skin being all that bad. I broke out SO terribly. It was like before I took it the first time. Maybe even worse. I didn't clear up for 4-5 months. I wanted to quit so many times, but the fact is, you have to power through :) Assume the worst, but hope for the best. It's best to plan on breaking out pretty bad for a while, then when it clears up before you know it, yahooee!

I wish I could've grown a beard.