Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fsuorange

How long does it take for glycolic burn to return to normal skin color?

I did a 50% glycolic acid peel 16 days ago and burned part of my jaw (where there was a whole bunch of white skin collected at the site of the burn) and burned skin below my eyes (but there was no white skin; it was just red)

My jaw formed a scab and when that fell off left bright red skin. THere are no indentions anywhere and the red skin is on the same level as the healthy skin...its just a lot more red.

Both of the burns have faded a lot but there is still a noticeable difference between the surrounding skin and burned skin.

How long does it take for these burns to regain normal skin color and what should I be doing to help it?

man thats going to take at least 2 months to see any difference and you probably wont see any until 6 or 7 i had a burn from glycolic acid on my temple it was red, blotchy brown and very ugly it took about 5 months b4 i even started noticing a difference. just let time do it's thing and apply some aloe vera gel on the area and let the area breathe dont apply any medication to the spot. ale vera gel 100 % can be bought at drugstore.com and i advise stock up because your going to need it.

I think neosporin helps aswell.. I had 30% GA burns on my jaw and under nose.. took over a week to heal.. but it did eventually.. mine didn't really scab though.. so I think yours is worse unfortunately...sorry :(..

If you never used Glycolic Acid and it's the first time you cannot start with a high concentration you must start out low. One figures because it's high enough results are more rapid, but one is wrong.

If you never used Glycolic Acid and it's the first time you cannot start with a high concentration you must start out low. One figures because it's high enough results are more rapid, but one is wrong.

actually i did about 2 months of 30% but it didn't do anything so I switched to 50% and I randomly got burnt badly on my 3rd application.