Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have an appointment with the dermatologist next friday and I'm pretty sure it's getting to the stage where I'll have to use accutane. Doc has had to give me some flucloxacillin(only antibiotic I haven't used and become resistant to) for a week just to try and control the awful breakout I've just had. Am dreading the thought of using accutane; has anybody else with moderate inflammatory acne had success with accutane on a lower dose( say something like 20mg twice a day) in order to avoid severe side-effects?

Have managed to keep it under control for 8 years but am 23 now and can't control it any more. Feckin typical. Just when I needed to sort my life out it's at it's worst. Don't you just love it? ;)

Have an appointment with the dermatologist next friday and I'm pretty sure it's getting to the stage where I'll have to use accutane. Doc has had to give me some flucloxacillin(only antibiotic I haven't used and become resistant to) for a week just to try and control the awful breakout I've just had. Am dreading the thought of using accutane; has anybody else with moderate inflammatory acne had success with accutane on a lower dose( say something like 20mg twice a day) in order to avoid severe side-effects?

Have managed to keep it under control for 8 years but am 23 now and can't control it any more. Feckin typical. Just when I needed to sort my life out it's at it's worst. Don't you just love it? ;)

This is exactly what i wanted to know... anyone??

i was on 20mg twice a day, for 6months did me good, but im just now noticing its coming back 6months later, i think ill be going back on sometime soon.

i was on 20mg twice a day, for 6months did me good, but im just now noticing its coming back 6months later, i think ill be going back on sometime soon.

How bad were the side-effects when you were taking it? Did you get an initial breakout? Have to say my biggest fears are the initial breakout and nosebleeds.

Well I am on 120 mg/day and have been taking it for a bit over 2 months now and I have no side affects really. Dry skin and moderately dry lips. Who knows about my organs, I could be dying I suppose. But I think it is just how your body reacts to it. Even with 20 your body could have some intense side affects.

40mg a day isn't that low of a dose. Roche's recommended dosage level is .5 - 1.0 mg/kg/day ...1.0 being with severe acne that is scarring uncontrollably and needs to be treated ASAP.

If you're thinking about MICRODOSING, check out the link in my profile. If you weigh about 160lbs, 40-60mg+ is normal, 20mg is a low dose, 5mg is a microdose.

Good luck with the tane! It works

40mg a day isn't that low of a dose. Roche's recommended dosage level is .5 - 1.0 mg/kg/day ...1.0 being with severe acne that is scarring uncontrollably and needs to be treated ASAP.

If you're thinking about MICRODOSING, check out the link in my profile. If you weigh about 160lbs, 40-60mg+ is normal, 20mg is a low dose, 5mg is a microdose.

Good luck with the tane! It works

Thanks for the links. Never thought about microdosing. Isn't it the general medical opinion that the skeletal system needs a break from accutane?

Then again long-term antibiotic use is pretty damaging too but they've been happy to keep throwing that crap at me for over 2 years.