Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnedefeater

Anyone had success with Alpha Hydrox Brand AHA for marks?

Has anyone had success with it because it does contain 10% glycolic acid?

I'm thinking of trying it and if it doesn't work just using a spray tanner once new pimples stop forming to hide my old hyperpigmented spots.

alpha hydrox contains 10% glycolic acid. glycolic acid works wonders for red marks

i'm using neutrogena healthy skin face lotion (sig), and it contains 8% and spf and moisturizer all in 1, and it's amazing

I use it everyday on my red/purple spots (white bottle in a red box?)... been doing that for about 3 weeks now. I started off really slow like once every other day. I sort of use it when I feel I have dryskin I want to shed quicker. For a spot treatment, I think its too early to tell... and just the other day I started to use apple cidar vinegar and water on my marks/scars. I plan on using AHA in the morning and ACV at night. I am keeping a log in the clear skin regimen section.

If you get it, keep a log for us with pics. :)

Has anyone had success with it because it does contain 10% glycolic acid?

I'm thinking of trying it and if it doesn't work just using a spray tanner once new pimples stop forming to hide my old hyperpigmented spots.

I recently bought the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion. I'm on day 5. I used it years ago (years ago there was no 10% but 8% levels) when I would break out bad and it never failed me. Thinking now I never knew why I stopped using it. :think:

The lotion is awesome because it also has Vitamin E...being I don't mosturize so I don't have to worry much about drying out my skin.

In two or three weeks my skin will look outstanding and I'm confident about that, it's what I want to acheive. Also this product helps stop pimples on their tracks.

For more info: http://www.alphahydrox.com/default.cfm

P.S: They now have a 12% product. Sounds really good. I might try it later on after I complete a few months of using their 10%

I recently bought the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion. I'm on day 5. I used it years ago (years ago there was no 10% but 8% levels) when I would break out bad and it never failed me. Thinking now I never knew why I stopped using it. :think:

The lotion is awesome because it also has Vitamin E...being I don't mosturize so I don't have to worry much about drying out my skin.

In two or three weeks my skin will look outstanding and I'm confident about that, it's what I want to acheive. Also this product helps stop pimples on their tracks.

For more info: http://www.alphahydrox.com/default.cfm

P.S: They now have a 12% product. Sounds really good. I might try it later on after I complete a few months of using their 10%

Which one do you suggest i get i have pictures in forum here. Can you get it at any local drug store.

Thanks in advance

Nick

I noticed Alpha Hydrox is slowly making it's way out of retail stores. A few stores are no longer carrying their products. Duane Reade is one of those stores.

You might want to check around a few places though because it can be found.

Maybe you may want to start out with the lotion since it's for normal to dry skin? The lotion that I am using is not oil-free but I am not worried...it's not clogging my pores or giving me acne, it's only healing the skin nicely.

I found it at rite aid. I wanted to buy the 14% "peel" (obviously not as effective as stronger ones but I figured it was worth trying). It's a pain in the ass to use. It comes in a cloth meant to go on your face, but unless your face is perfectly proportioned to the cloth, it doesn't fit right. I couldn't get it to lie tight on my face without the mouth hole being on my chin. I'm not sure how much of the stuff actually stays on your face when it's not very tight, either. Plus, it's $16 for only 6 of them. I prefer the avon anew -- it's a less strong peel, 10%, but you use it every other day. It comes in pads to wipe on your face -- first the peel, which also has papaya enzyme, and then the neutralizer, which I'm not sure is necessary at that strength but it contains chamomile and aloe and cucumber extracts so I use it. When I was at rite-aid buying the peel I found the 12% "souffle." It kind of pisses me off that the packaging is so misleading -- you buy a big box and get a tiny little bit inside a glass jar. It burns like hell, and I did notice some peeling the next day, which means it's working. I just started using duac for current breakouts so my skin has been sensitive and I've been laying off excessive exfoliation and haven't used it in a few days but it didn't give me any breakouts. If you've never used AHA before I would recommend going through a bottle of 10% first and then possibly buying that, or using it only for nighttime use. It's strong stuff -- it burned like hell on me and my skin is used to AHAs and BHAs.

I found it at rite aid. I wanted to buy the 14% "peel" (obviously not as effective as stronger ones but I figured it was worth trying). It's a pain in the ass to use. It comes in a cloth meant to go on your face, but unless your face is perfectly proportioned to the cloth, it doesn't fit right. I couldn't get it to lie tight on my face without the mouth hole being on my chin. I'm not sure how much of the stuff actually stays on your face when it's not very tight, either. Plus, it's $16 for only 6 of them.

I saw that product and it never captured my attention even if it says 14% but just the idea of a cloth on your face is stupid.

When I was at rite-aid buying the peel I found the 12% "souffle." It kind of pisses me off that the packaging is so misleading -- you buy a big box and get a tiny little bit inside a glass jar. It burns like hell, and I did notice some peeling the next day, which means it's working. I just started using duac for current breakouts so my skin has been sensitive and I've been laying off excessive exfoliation and haven't used it in a few days but it didn't give me any breakouts. If you've never used AHA before I would recommend going through a bottle of 10% first and then possibly buying that, or using it only for nighttime use. It's strong stuff -- it burned like hell on me and my skin is used to AHAs and BHAs.

I figured that. I noticed online the jar is so small and the price is so high lol I might give it a shot just to check it out but I do wish they would make a nice bottle size like their 10% enhanced lotion. Eventually they probably will but not anytime soon. Seems they are using smart tactics this time to offer a better product but at a higher price lol

I agree the people should start low at first and not jump ahead for the sake of not damaging or burning their skin.

I bought the new AHA SOUFFLE - 12% AHA, It stung last night, but i think it worked in morning. Seemed to tone my skin more as one color, rather than red/white. I will let you guys know after a weeks time, what it has done.