Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
barzoletta

I used Proactiv Solution with Great Success

I have used Proactiv Solution for a few years now, and it really cleared up my cystic acne.

It's the Repairing Lotion (2.5% B) that is the true "workhorse" in the line, that clears up the acne, but the scrub, toner and mask did contribute to better looking skin. T hey really all worked together.

What I do now is I keep the basic principles of the Proactiv System - using a scrub, good toner, benzoyl peroxide lotion and mask, but I now experiment with different scrubs, toners, benzoyl peroxide lotions and masks that I buy for far cheaper at the drugstore.

I am very grateful that I found a good skin care regimen through Proactiv, but now it's fun to experiment with different products and save money too. My skin has remained clear throughout and I'll always be grateful to the original Proactiv line for teaching me to care for my skin.

If you have acne I highly suggest you use Proactiv, or start with substitute products, like I use now.

P.S. There are now Proactiv knockoffs out there that work well too, like Acne Free, etc.

I'd like to add that just using BP alone and a gentle cleanser were not as effective for me as using a complete system of scrub, toner, mask, as well. For me, they helped greatly with exfoliation and made my skin look great, while the BP lotion cleared me up.

Hope this helped someone.

The glycolic acid toner (I use one of the knockoffs) is excellent. I buy the klear action kit to get the toner. Only proactive and it's knockoffs make a decent percentage alcohol free glycolic acid toner. It really helps to lighten old acne marks and really seems to help the bp absorb in.