Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmaddenlovato

15 minutes in between..

I was reading all about the regimen since i'm thinking of starting it up again. It says you have to wash your face, wait 15 minutes, apply BP, wait 15 minutes, then apply moisturizer. But is it necessary to wait the 15 minutes? I don't have a lot of time in the morning so I don't know if that'll work for me. After washing my face & it is COMPLETELY dry, can I apply the BP then or do I HAVE to wait 15 minutes?

well....I don't really wait long after washing. Just long enough that it'll absorb fast. 3-5 minutes? It's just that if your face is still wet you'll sit there forever rubbing it in.

But as far as after BP and on to moisturizer - I wait until my face is completely dry. I dont time it so I guess its about 5-15 minutes? Just try to kill time doing other things ( brushing your teeth, doing your hair, filing your nails, checking your email, you know, whatever will kill some time that you'd do anyways) but once your face feels dry and tight, your all set. Do whatcha gotta do.

Guest Poker-Butt

sometimes i forget and i apply my bp till half hour later...does it matter? im just curious....same for the moisturizer ...sometimes half hour later ... :think:

I do that all the time Poker^^. I think it's okay if you're not touching your face, if you do or if you have oily skin the oil that builds up would be bad.

As for how long to wait, different pages on the site are rather inconsistent time-wise. Some say 15 for everything, some say 5-15 for everything, some have 15 for some things and 5-15 for other things. Just wait until it feels like it's as dry as it's gonna get; I think 5 minutes is usually pretty good.