Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annieamazon

Starting Accutane after Minocycline- how long do I need to wait?

My doctor thinks it's fine for me to start the Accutane as soon as my blood tests clear (starting 20 mg/day for first month, then 40 mg/day after that)

I've been on Minocycline (100mg, 2X/day) since October, and am wondering if I should stop taking it for the next week or two before I start the Accutane? I thought I read about headaches and other side effects people were having if they didn't wait?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I was on Mino (100 mg a day) for three months and I switched over to Accutane (40 mg a day) the same day I quit Mino...

I had pretty bad headaches for about 3 days... yes they were bad.. But its really no cause for concern IMO if your doctor thinks you will be ok.. Also if you have a two week gap from mino to accutane you could get a worse initial outbreak.. (I would rather have bad headaches for a few days then a really bad breakout) I dont know if it had anything to do with me taking mino right before the accutane but I never had a initial outbreak at all..