Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest · Jake ·

Hard to find true friends

Guest · Jake ·

The friends I thought were genuine don't care about me. :( I'm very out going and I thought they liked me yet they show no interest. I feel so alone because they don't come to see how I'm doing or anything. I'm really surprised my so called "friends" have been ignoring me. I'm so depressed and feel like no one cares to get to know me. :cry:

Guest funkychicken

unfortunately, when you are at school, you think you are going to be friends with people for life. Once you leave, you find out who your true friends are. I'm only in touch with one or two people from high school now. People go in different directions and move on and make new friends. I realised with a few people, the only thing I had in common with them was school.

Is it reasonable to expect them to come and see you? Have you been to see them, for example?

People don't come to you by default. You have to seek them out. Then they might come to you.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

unfortunately, when you are at school, you think you are going to be friends with people for life. Once you leave, you find out who your true friends are. I'm only in touch with one or two people from high school now.

Very true. I'm not friends with anyone I knew in high school. I either wasn't close with them or in the case of my best friend wasn't enough like her to continue being friends.

Guest · Jake ·

Well just for everyones info. I'm not in school anymore. Btw I use to call them and go do things and they'd do the same with me. Now they've been ignoring me for a long time. I try to get their attention but they don't care. :rolleyes:

Guest funkychicken

My brother still has several of his old childhood friends. I envy that. I think boys are better at keeping friendships up than girls. I found with girls, boyfriends always got priority and girls tend to be less forgiving if there is a falling out. Boys tend to ignore that person for a while and then carry on like nothing has happened! Girls dont tend to work like that.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

I'm sorry about that. People suck like that. I'd try to make new friends cause I wouldn't want to hang out with people who treat me like that if I were you.

Guest funkychicken

It is true. They sound unreliable. I have a few of those. They just look you up now and then.

Make new ones. There are plenty of fun, interesting people out there who would love to hang out with you. Friends come and go in life.

Guest · Jake ·

How long has it been like this?

4 weeks at least. Well anyway I'm done with that shit. I'm not going back to my old snake hole like I used to because I know nothing good comes out of it.

This is going to sound cynical, but from so many bad experiences, I've learned that I will only be happy if I am my own best friend. I enjoy friends as they come and go, and hopefully I have some that will last forever, but I don't want my happiness to depend on others. I can control myself but not other people.

Have fun, don't put up with other people treating you badly, and look for friendship in the people you may not expect it.

This is going to sound cynical, but from so many bad experiences, I've learned that I will only be happy if I am my own best friend. I enjoy friends as they come and go, and hopefully I have some that will last forever, but I don't want my happiness to depend on others. I can control myself but not other people.

Have fun, don't put up with other people treating you badly, and look for friendship in the people you may not expect it.

that is so true.

don't judge people how good of a friend they might be right off the bat. you gotta get to know people and then you'll become so attached like you've never imagined. believe me, i always end up in these situations. i meet a friend then i meet their friends through them then we start to hang out and yeah, i think to myself wow i'm glad i met them.

very true...you have to be your own best friend.

Guest <*>

Man, I couldn't imagine not being friends with my mates in the future. Some of my mates i've been friends since I was 2 or 3 years old.

ohh god it is sooo hard to find true friends. My boyfriend is my one and only bestfriend right now. I used to have a best friend who I have soo much in common with but she has to move away to England and I was depressed for like a year after she left. we still keep in touch but we cant call each other all the time because it's expansive. If only she was still here, my life would be alot better. I have this other "so call" best friend that I knew since grade 8 but i know she doesn't really care about me. We have fun hanging out but she doesn't care how i'm doing or anything like that. I've met some people at school but most people just care and wants to friends with who ever is the most popular. It's funny how when u r in the shit hole no one wants to be ur friend but when ur having a blast everyone wants to be with u. The ones that still stick around with u when ur in the shit hole is ur real friend. I have alot of friends in school but i know that none of those people would be there for me when I need help with something big. it's soo damn hard to find true friends.

unfortunately, when you are at school, you think you are going to be friends with people for life. Once you leave, you find out who your true friends are. I'm only in touch with one or two people from high school now. People go in different directions and move on and make new friends. I realised with a few people, the only thing I had in common with them was school.

I used to hang out with like a group of 8 girls in high school but only kept in touch with 2.

My brother still has several of his old childhood friends. I envy that. I think boys are better at keeping friendships up than girls. I found with girls, boyfriends always got priority and girls tend to be less forgiving if there is a falling out. Boys tend to ignore that person for a while and then carry on like nothing has happened! Girls dont tend to work like that.

i totally agree with this too. My boyfriend still keeps in touch with his childhood friends and even after he haven't seen his friends in a while when they start hanging out again, it's like they never lost touch. Guys definately are better at keeping friendships.

i have to what i call true friends, that are there if i need them, but i cant talk about stuff to um really.. guys dont do that lol umm.. but they rock :)

I know, kiddo. It stings.

You've just got to learn how to reject people before they have a chance to reject you.

Then it's smooth sailing.