Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey folks, happy new year to all, Just a quick question..... i'm considering having punch excision on one scar i have that is fairly deep, and didnt respond to dermabrasion, but my question is....if i were to get pounch excision would i be left with a linear scar and also would it be level with the rest of my skin or will it still be slightly pitted?

Thanks ever so much

Happy new year MissShady. If your scar requires more than one or two stitches, it will leave a linear scar. Your scar will most likely be slightly pitted. This all will obviously depend on the width, length, and depth of your scar. The smaller the scar, the less likely you're going to end up with a linear scar and will close up the pit. I had 3 deeper pitted scars excised and it left me with distinct linear scars and are still pitted but not as deep as before. Good luck!

Kooky,

Do you much prefer the linear scars over what was there before and who did the excisions? I take it they were scalpel and not punch type?

At first, the linear scars were a big improvement over my acne scars, but over time the scars got deeper, somewhat improved but not worth the tradeoff imo. I'm thinking they were scalplel excisions, but the doctor told me they were punch excisions. I don't want to say who I got them from publicly, but his name rhymes with 'Marlborough' and he practices in New Orleans ;-)

Yes, you will. Maya, who used to be a mod here posted her pics before/after excision and she had a scar 1 inch long from the excision.

Oddly though, she got the idea to do tca cross on the scar and it helped tremendously.

She posted a lot of pics on her before and after cross pics...she had a lot of small pits that benefitted tremendously from cross.

is there a reason why drs recommend excisions over other methods? it just sounds risky and the results can go either way. why excision?

i asked a dr. once what he could do for one of my scars and he said he'd like to do a punch. but he sounded like that's just what he does, and it wasn't a specific recommendation for my scar. i said i didn't want to do it, but i always wondered how it would have turned out.

Kooky,

Do you much prefer the linear scars over what was there before and who did the excisions? I take it they were scalpel and not punch type?

At first, the linear scars were a big improvement over my acne scars, but over time the scars got deeper, somewhat improved but not worth the tradeoff imo. I'm thinking they were scalplel excisions, but the doctor told me they were punch excisions. I don't want to say who I got them from publicly, but his name rhymes with 'Marlborough' and he practices in New Orleans ;-)

Why won't you say his name if he messed up or you had bad results. :eh:

Miss Shady,

I'm having punches this coming Wednesday - feel free to PM me if you want the low down. How'd the dermabrasion go?

Sassy,

You've GOT to be kidding?!

Sassy,

You've GOT to be kidding?!

He didn't actually say the name and I am wondering why...of course, from reading kooky and sword's post, I can tell who it is, but why do people defend the man if so many have had bad results?

So is it better to do punch excision on our scars?

or just play around with TCA cross first?? :think:

Denise2 what do you think??

strawberryskin,

I don't see anything wrong with trying TCA CROSS first if you are already planning excisions. Just make sure you keep the acid inside the scars so you don't have to get a bigger scar excised.

wuuu.. butterflies74!! The day has come!! Good luck with the punches ;)

and remember to get us posted

Best wishes

Strawberry Skin

Many thanks! I'll let you know how it goes....