Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ken1990

Computer Radiation

I have no idea, but if it does that would explain my acne! Im at my computer constantly posting on here and playing online poker. That would be crazy if it did but I highly doubt it does.

Anyone had experienced it? or any scientific proofs on it.. curious to noe..

There's no known link between any electromagnetic radiation and health problems at all at the kind of intensities associated with computers, cell phones or any other domestic products.

There are links between acne and touching screens, keyboards and mice though. These are typically quite dirty and covered in bacteria.

i don't get acne. but after a long period in front of the computer, my face becomes oilier and duller than normal. computer screens (not LCDs) draw dust, which may accumulate faster on face. dust is dirty, causing face to become dirty (and oily?). hmmmm....that could be why.

also, isn't there a warning that pregnant women shouldn't spend too much time in front of a computer? perhaps radiation, no matter how minimal, has the potential to negatively affect the body, in this case the baby.

wait so if ur room is really dusty, chances are ull have acne?

Yeah, my room is super super dusty. Like everything is covered with a layer of dust. I dont even bother to clean it because it just comes back like a week later. What could I do to get rid of dust? A humidifier? Its winter so I close all my windows and door so everything is trapped in...?

Yeah, my room is super super dusty. Like everything is covered with a layer of dust. I dont even bother to clean it because it just comes back like a week later. What could I do to get rid of dust? A humidifier? Its winter so I close all my windows and door so everything is trapped in...?

hmm..... my brother is like super neat.... he used to have acne as well but now, not even one zit. My room is the total opposite ( a family friend once mistaken my room to be the 'stock' room :lol2: ) so maybe that's one thing that's making my acne worse.

wow, if dust has been making my skin worse... im a complete idiot for not dusting more often

hmm..... my brother is like super neat.... he used to have acne as well but now, not even one zit. My room is the total opposite ( a family friend once mistaken my room to be the 'stock' room :lol2: ) so maybe that's one thing that's making my acne worse.

Any ideas how to get rid of this dust? Kinda think of it.....I can feel the dust clogging my nose right now. (or maybe its just in my head). Anyways, any suggestions?

Any ideas how to get rid of this dust? Kinda think of it.....I can feel the dust clogging my nose right now. (or maybe its just in my head). Anyways, any suggestions?

use lots of wet paper towels (but not dripping). that's what I do because the dusts stick to the wet paper towels

use lots of wet paper towels (but not dripping). that's what I do because the dusts stick to the wet paper towels

Well, isn't it still floating around in my room though? I can sometimes see all the dust in my room....when the sun is shining in.

Well, isn't it still floating around in my room though? I can sometimes see all the dust in my room....when the sun is shining in.

well at least there's something you can do to eliminate the dusts so it won't clog your nose :D (joking). it's winter here as well (i'm from Canada) but i still open the window in my room - just a little bit because I like fresh air. I don't care if it's cold as long as the air coming in is clean. Same thing when I'm cleaning my room, I open the window

here's a tip that works for me: after a couple of hours in front of a computer, go splash your face with water. removes dust (though i don't see how it relates to acne per se) and feels refreshed.

btw, most of the dust in our homes are our dead skin cells. soooo, those of you who said there's a lot of dust in your room, it's just that your're shedding. hehehe. no offense. so vacuum often.

Guest quack

isn't there some kind of link between computer radiation and UV light? so, does that mean if you don't want wrinkles, you should wear sunblock in front of the moniter? :eh:

isn't there some kind of link between computer radiation and UV light? so, does that mean if you don't want wrinkles, you should wear sunblock in front of the moniter? :eh:

Best worn with a tin foil hat and sunglasses; through grounded chicken wire wrapped around the monitor to block out the electromagnetic radiation!

Actually, computer monitors don't actually create any UV light; and there are health risks associated with some sunblocks. Oh yeah and tinfoil hats don't work.

But the sunglasses and chickenwire is perfectly safe though!