Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattman420

My regimen

I suffered from acne for 2 - 3 years. It totally stunted my social life. I couldn't look in the mirror, let alone look people in the face when I talked to them. I tried b.s. zit creams which never worked. I tried the clearisil 3 day face wipes... it only made my face dry and more irritated. Finally, I could take it no more. I went to the doc and she prescribed Clindamycin (an antibiotic ointment). To use it properly, you have to apply it on a cleansed face, so I bought some noxema. I can't stress how wonderful it is. It left my face feeling clean but didn't dry it out at all. I used the Clindamycin along with the noxema for about 3 months and now my face is clear. I still use the noxema and always will. I'm making this post to encourage everyone here that suffers to see a doctor. **** expirimenting with over the counter stuff. It doesn't work. I've tried that crap for a long time and finally gave up with it. Another piece of advice... to the guys... is use an electric razor and shave VERY lightly... even if it takes you forever to shave, do it lightly. Good luck to everyone!

I was on clindamycin for 3-4 months with mild-moderate acne and it didnt help a damn bit. yes the doctor told me to clean my face with cetaphil waterless cleanser and apply the clinda, but i waited and waited and nothing ever happened. I still got breakouts every week and finally i told him what i thought of that shit. He bumped me up to benzaclin, which is benzol peroxide and clindamycin. This worked after about three months of usage. I tanned a lot too, which is bad and i no longer do it. I think that helped me clear up, or at least made me look more clear. Anyway i think sole clindamycin is shit but i guess it works for some people just not me.