Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arandomname

So what's with the redness STILL after almost 2 months?

I thought redness was temporary? I've been using only enough to cover my face, nothing more, nothing less, and I STILL am beet red after nearly 2 months of the regimen. I'm not flaking or dry anymore, but my face looks like a tomato. What's causing this? Like I said I don't use hardly any bp (I'm not breaking out) and yet my face still looks horrid because it gives me a sunburn look...why?

Oh, and I'm using purpose bar, dans gel, and eucerin dsr just so to let you know.

Guest Pearsizzle

Don't get in the sun so much and change lotions. I was on Tazorac for a while and had the same problem. I'm an athlete. so it turned out that I wasn't using enough lotion. I'd be sweating with dry skin, which is what causes the redness to begin with. I changed to the lotion Vanicreme (I think that's how you spell it.) Anyway, it's precribed by a doctor, but it's worked wonders! Make sure you don't go out in the sun with it until you've been using it for a week. Anyway, best of luck. Redness really sucks. I feel for you. :(

I don't really go out in the sun much. I go to school, and none of my classes have much sunlight. Not to mention the fact that none of the classes are outside. And after school I don't do much outside, I usually stay inside if I'm doing things with my friends.

my face is still red after 3 months off accutane but its getting better. sometimes its not red at all now and when it does get red its lighter