Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chosen_few

"The Accutane Book". Started January 2nd 2006.

Okay I'm a 17 year old male, turning 18 this year. My acne started about a year and a half ago, it went from moderate to severe as the the time went by. Obviously my OCD made me pick my face alot when I was 16, leading to some light scars. Ever since March of last year i started trying all sorts of creams, treatments, and antibiotics. When summer came around and I went for my french immersion in Quebec, thats when things started getting real bad, as I would get cysts. And not just any regular cysts but they would get inflamated under the skin, and turn really hard and swollen. When I would take showers, the dry sking from the cyst would peel off and start oozing (very nasty!). My would look horrible in the daylight, as it still does, and can't ofrget those redmarks. So then I found out about this website and Dan's regimen, I decided to dry that for 5 months, it did work just a little bit, but it wouldnt get rid of my acne. Thats when I found out about accutane, and started reading all the journals and all. This really motivated me to try the drug. So in October I booked an appoinment with the derm, which i just recently visited on december 23rd(long waiting time!!!!). We both decided that we were going to give acctuane a try, since my face was already initially starting to scar even more. So I went and got my blood tests done, everything turned out good. I deicded to start my treatment after new years of course!. My dosage is 40mg/day, and i weight 160. Im supposed to be on it just for two months, and my next blood work is on the 23 rd of january, and im schedule to see the derm on Feb 10 2oo6, again. From what i have seen people have seen positive results, hopefully this drug finally does for my skin what no other thing has ver done, and i could have clear skin atlast.

I also noticed that when i went to pick up the tane at the pharmacy, the tane was very pricy. Here in bitish coulmbia its cost about 120.oo$ for a months supply. But thankfully for pharmacare, i dont have to pay whatsoever, which helps me save for prom this year, another thing (prom!) hope im clear by then. Anywho wish me luck.

So today i started my accutane today.........

I'll post my progess weekly with pictures and any information, instead of everyday cause i just dont have the time to do that.But here is my acne now, will see how it all goes in the coming week.

HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT GOOD AND I FINALLY GET CLEAR SKIN.

I also added a picture of my skin's appearence when it was clear.

Day1

No reaction what so ever to the drug

Day2

Lips are begining to get dry, skin is starting to get flaky.

post-29024-1136278917_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136279063_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136279612_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136281004_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136278917_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136279063_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136279612_thumb.jpg

post-29024-1136281004_thumb.jpg

Day 3

I dont know if its me or what but I really woke up with my body all sore, and my joints were all hurting. To my horrific surprise, I woke up to find one huge zit on my jawline, which I couldn;t resist to pop. :wall:

Day 4

So now, even more zits, on my forehead which i rarely get, only when I eat sour cream or chocolate. They really hurt too.

Well any how today i woke up feeling sad because my skin feels like shit. First of all it itches alot, and I mean alot, I feel like scrapping it with a rock. Also my skin is beginning to get even more dry, but no chapped lips. I wish my skin gets cleared up, otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do. It so depressing having acne and going out into public all the time, thankfully I got my beloved women who makes me feel good about myself, and doesn't allow my acne to get to me :D

I'll be postin pictures next week with better lighting, so you all can see how nasty my face looks, and all the scars, and slightest imperfections. :cry: :shift

IPB Image Smile Now, Cry Later.

Lol... Dont worry bro...with the intial side effect ... just dont scratch and pop zits out....popping is just going to make it worst.....bare it for another 4 to 5 months and you will be alright..... Cheerss

Suje Out...

Day 6

Okay I woke up to find amajor zit just under my eye to the leftside of my nose(NASTY), it popped while I was in the shower, skin looked really swollen and red as hell. Worst thing is that i had to go work, and deal with people, they would jus look at my face, very rude i guess.

So todays major side effects so far.

My nose is peeling of like crazy(dont noe if thats good or bad), my ear lobe too. All the oil is beggining to dry up and my skin is very flaky.

Lips are slightly chapped, and nose area is a bit dry.

I also woke with a headache.

So thats it for day 6, I'l up date soon.

chao!

Day 8

So it's been a week, my lips are now definitely chapped, my skin is flaking like crazy, and GUESS WHAT?????

I got more zits, just below my lip towards my chin I got 2 big white heads, which really hurt and are very red, and i got one of those two in one combos also. I think my initial breakout is just starting. :(

Ill put more pics later in the week cause my cam is not working

FOR THOSE GETTING VERY FLAKY SKIN, I ADVISE YOU TO USE "CETAPHIL MOISTURIZER FOR CHRONIC DRY SKIN", it really works!

I have the same sort of acne as you only smaller on my cheeks. I'm on 40mg a day on day 5 with no side effects at all yet. Good luck, I hope everyone gets clear skin, acne needs to be cursed to hell!! I'm going to post pictures also on my skin, good idea!!

I have the same sort of acne as you only smaller on my cheeks. I'm on 40mg a day on day 5 with no side effects at all yet. Good luck, I hope everyone gets clear skin, acne needs to be cursed to hell!! I'm going to post pictures also on my skin, good idea!!

Hell yea!!!!!!

you watch charmed?

Day 10

OMG!!!!!!!! I keep waking up to find white heads where I have never found them before, and I squeeze them, I noe i noe, dont poke. But it's so frustrating having to go to skool with huge white heads around your jawline. I dont why right after i wash my face, my skin is extremely flaky and dry for hours but then its not, its like the oil returns. But my face right now is really dry so are my earlobes, not to mention my face which is really red, and its so noticble when you have very white skin. arghhh! I just hate it when its sunny here or very bright outside, that just makes my face look monstrous. I dont mind going out at night or when its raining here, (of course thats all the time). Here in vancouver its been raining for 24 days straight, and everyday has alomst been a grey and gloomy one.

My lips are very chapped now, but thank god for this good lip balm which really does the job in moisturzing. I wake up very sore evryday, I dont know if its the accutane, but when i work the night before and wake up the next morning i feel like an old lady! :wacko:

One more thing---> i noe its bad and most of you don't like it. But i have to let it ou and plus i feel so guilty. I said my new years resoltuion would be stop smoking cigs and weed n drinking. I obviously messed up. I ahve smoked a pack of cigs this year, and smoked weed last friday :wall::wall::wall: , and drank a glass of wine a my job dinner party(which hope didnt mess with my liver that much). So now im doing my best not to do anything, not only for me but for my girlfriend who has aked me to stop.

But will this afffect that rate of the drug in anyway or the reaction when weed and cigs are mixed. please let me know. ?

I QUIT !!!!! :whistle:

Day 14

Wow! I can really see a whole lot difference im my skin, the redness has began to fade away, I haven't had a single pimple around my cheek area for a long time. The only area I have pimples on is the area around my jawline, and chin. As for my nose i have a lot of blackheads. My skin is not as oily and my skin is ot as dry as it was a week before.

Some of my scars are starting to heel.

Side effects:

-chapped lips

-back pain(everyitme i bend over to pick up something or whatever,it really hurts for me to get up again)

end of week 2 so far so good!

hey i got the same acne as you and i'm also currently on my 2nd week. day 18 to be precise. we got the same sideeffects, etc. Except..your already not breaking out anymore.??wtf.give me some tips man. do you use moisturizer or anything like that/

hey i got the same acne as you and i'm also currently on my 2nd week. day 18 to be precise. we got the same sideeffects, etc. Except..your already not breaking out anymore.??wtf.give me some tips man. do you use moisturizer or anything like that/

Sex man!!!! and alot of it!!! haha jp

In the morning and in the evening I wash with Tea Tree Oil Foaming facial wash , from the body shop. Then i moisturize with cetaphil daily facial moisturizer spf15. The tree oil helps alot because its for bleimshes and oily skin.

wow, sounds like its comming along for you... i'm on 20mg a day to start with, today's day 5. i my face is starting to get dry and i can just feel the intial breakout under my skin. not looking forward to that, but the sooner it comes, the sooner it goes away? lol well just letting you know you're not alone, i know what you mean about going in public and to school. sometimes i feel like iu'm the only one but when i read through this stuff it does make me realize i'm not alone. sorry about the sore joints, for my the annoying side affect is dry mouth. all my insides feel dry... its odd

GOOD LUCK!

Okay so I'm back after not reporting for a couple of weeks.

So I'm on my second month of accutane , derm just uped my does two weeks ago. Altenating 40 mg on one day and 80 mg on the other. I have been breaking out for weeks now, there has been some slight improvement not what i want but it's better. I got quite a few of red marks and my scars look very bad.

Side Effects

i) very chapped lips

ii)the corner of my mouth is cracked

iii) My elbow joints, hands, and arms have patches of very red dry skin that stings when there is friction, my skin on my face is ver flaky , gets very dry especially that now its very cold.

iv)Sore joint and hair thinning

Thats pretty much it, i got five months to go or four.

just quickly here MY SKIN HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH, YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

ITS LIKE WHOA!!!!!

i still have red marks n all but i dont get as many zits as i used to and my skin is very soft, there is minor scarring, but its not too bad.

Right now i jus thave two tiny white heads below mmy eye n side of my cheek.

My lips are chapped

mood swings

dry joints

red patches on arms

dry nose

Use cocoa butter its a good moisturizer.!!!!1 I recommend it it smoothens ur sking reducing the look of scars n marks n it gives it tone.

Im on a 40mg n 80 mg dose alternating!

im still on it for another three months.

bye

hey there,

I used to have OCD for face picking, but I manage to control it these days. I still touch my face constantly though. So bad!

Cocoa butter is a great moisturiser, but it is comedogenic, which means it blocks pores and worsens acne. Look for a non comedogenic moisturiser. It will say on the packaging somewhere if it is.

Good luck!

BettyCherry xxx

Hello You!!!!

Well I am on my fifth month of accutane, and all is going awesome, no more huge bumps under my face, just that its red, and some scarring is visible.

But i have a question, I lost my pill the other day, what happens do i just take another pill from the pack or do i skip the dose?

and just last week all these bumps started appearing on some parts of my body, back, side, and mostly arms and chest. they are not very many. The bumps just appear, are red not too big but they itch alot, and when they are healing there is sometimes a little bubble of water at the tip, then it dries, i dont know if it an allergic reaction or bug bites.

let me know!!!! plz

[attachmentid=4646]I made an error earlier on the thread, im on my 4 th month going to 5th month therapy. My skin is looking better everyday, i have no active zits right now! here are some pics from when i began the therapy till about two weeks ago or three.

[attachmentid=4645]