Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janiet53

This dryness is just ridiculous!

I've been on the regimen for 2 weeks and my skin is just SSSOOOOO dry! I was hoping this would subside after week one but its just terrible, I have to moisturise about 4 times during the day to keep it under control. Before I started the regimen I never had any dry skin problems, so will this dryness go down and how soon or will I be stuck with it!? :doh:

Clearisil Ultra deep prore treatment wash and Eucerin dry skin relief face cream. I thinking of changing to Dan's bp because I'm currently using PanOxyl and a few people have said it is less drying.

I had extremely flakey skin, then extremely dry skin as well, but then I switched to the moisturizing combo in my sig. Now my skin is flake-free and nice and moist.

Guest Poker-Butt

try eucerin skin renewal (sold at drugstore.com) i was having that same problem like, last week...and this lotion has taken care of the unbearable dryness....SERIOUSLY...awesome stuff

dryness can be very frustrating.

My advice is to get a new, mild, unmedicated cleanser, such as Basis, Purpose, or Cetaphil. And yes, panoxyl does seem to be more drying than some of the other bp choices, so you can consider switching that too, but first I would get a milder cleanser and see if that helps.

dryness can be very frustrating.

My advice is to get a new, mild, unmedicated cleanser, such as Basis, Purpose, or Cetaphil. And yes, panoxyl does seem to be more drying than some of the other bp choices, so you can consider switching that too, but first I would get a milder cleanser and see if that helps.

I'll second this - try a milder cleanser - NO active ingredients.

I've never used Dan's BP gel but based on what I've heard I think it reduces the drying effect a lot.

Personally I like my skin completely dry.... :think:

I've just gone and ordered a load of products and spent a fortune on shipping to help with this (I live in the UK)- I'm detremined not to be forced to gove up the regimen! I ordered cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (I've heard its good for dryness) and basis sensitive skin bar soap (incase I don't like the cetaphil) and also 2 eucerin skin renewals! And from this website I ordered 2 of Dan's bp gels, so fingers crossed when all these products arrive the dryness will be gone in no time! :razz:

I'll keep you all posted with the results!

i thank God every day for creating the miracle called Neutrogena Moisture SPF15.

i donno how it does that, but it keeps dryness, flakiness and paleness away from my skin.

only the pimples left to draw attention :doubt:

you shoudl use a gentler cleanser. Cetaphil Anti Bacterial Facial Cleanser is good. Use Dan's BP or On The Spot. Apply after you wash and dry. I found that after shaving, when i apply BP directly after i pat dry, it goes on smoothly.

ok well for one thing panoxyl is a 5% bp and dan reccomends the 2.5%. so if you jumped down to a lower percentage of bp your skin should soften up a bit.

I've been on the regimen for 2 weeks and my skin is just SSSOOOOO dry! I was hoping this would subside after week one but its just terrible, I have to moisturise about 4 times during the day to keep it under control. Before I started the regimen I never had any dry skin problems, so will this dryness go down and how soon or will I be stuck with it!? :doh:

For very mild acne Dan's regimen is overkill. Your skin will always be dry and look like shrinkwrapped crap without moisturiser. In fact it'll look crap even with moisturiser. It will always be slightly red with poor healing.

For very mild acne Dan's regimen is overkill. Your skin will always be dry and look like shrinkwrapped crap without moisturiser. In fact it'll look crap even with moisturiser. It will always be slightly red with poor healing.

truth. i just quit the regimen. made my entire face look worse rather than the small problem area on my cheeks which you cant even notice unless you are 1 foot away.

ive always hated the regimen becasue its not good for your skin and its a pain at the same time(bp, moiusturizer,face wash process), plus it fucks your skin up pretty bad at first.their are other ways to get clear but the regimen does work ill give it that respect.