Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobDude

Does this site make it worse?

For a while I was all 'Eh, whatever' about my acne. I didn't really think about it too much. I woke up one day looking extra crappy and was feed up....

I ended up here reading about Accutane. I decided to try B5. Now, everyday I'm checking my face to see if the B5 is helping (and it isn't helping enough). I'm constantly thinking about my oil and I swear, I can just feel new zits forming. It's driving me insane. I come on here and I read about different 'treatments' like "Eat a lemon!", "Drink some acid and take a crap (liver flush)", "Buy a blue light", "Tan", "Don't Tan", "Don't sit infront of a CRT Monitor (radiation)", *EVERYTHING* reminds me of acne now.

I'm like a paranoid old lady. I bought 12 new pillow cases for crying out loud! I moved my monitor further back, I bought a humidifer, I even .... ate a lemon. I stopped drinking pop, I'm taking 12+ pills a day, drinking a crapload of water, following Dan's Regimine, and trying REALLY hard not to get stressed out by all of it...because that will just make it worse.

I was seriously wondering how hard it would be to grow acne in a petri dish so I could perform real tests on it. I mean, wow, I need a life.

another dumb ass reply form the dumb ass idiot. seriously man it looks like you have the finances to g et accutane. get it and get done with this shit for good. all the money your going to end up spending in the end on crap products, wont even come to any comparison to what accutane cost.

seriously man it looks like you have the finances to g et accutane. get it and get done with this shit for good. all the money your going to end up spending in the end on crap products, wont even come to any comparison to what accutane cost.

it's as simple as that.

if you have moderate to severe acne and never took accutane before - now's the time.

this site is originally for adult acne sufferers who are way beyond accutane treatments and have litteraly tried everything, so their only hope is Dan's regimen.

and about being paranoid and obssessed, i know what you mean.

i don't let my bf touch my face and it's frustrating for both of us.

peace.

This site has helped me deal emtionally with acne tremandously but I have noticed that my acne got alot worst every since I found this site. I tried alot of the products and regiment that other users have suggested which has aggravated my acne even more. And I've became more and more obsessed with acne since I've been on this site. Nevertheless i'm extremely addicted to this site and love reading other people's posts and experiences with acne. I am now on accutane and hoping that will clear my acne and if not reduce it to a very mild acne. I think I will stick around this forum even when my acne is gone because I've had alot of good times being here.

This site is good at first but after a while it comes to an end. If you already know that it is your attitude and the person you are which dictates your life, and you don't feel like you've recovered much, you should probably take it to the next stage.

That's the emotional/psychological effects of acne. In regard to knowledge, I don't think learning about acne can ever hurt. However, like RobDude said, things can play on your mind. The stuff being posted around here doesn't come from the minds of professonals or those particularly in the know. They are just normal citizens, kids even. So, everything in moderation.

For a while I was all 'Eh, whatever' about my acne. I didn't really think about it too much. I woke up one day looking extra crappy and was feed up....

I ended up here reading about Accutane. I decided to try B5. Now, everyday I'm checking my face to see if the B5 is helping (and it isn't helping enough). I'm constantly thinking about my oil and I swear, I can just feel new zits forming. It's driving me insane. I come on here and I read about different 'treatments' like "Eat a lemon!", "Drink some acid and take a crap (liver flush)", "Buy a blue light", "Tan", "Don't Tan", "Don't sit infront of a CRT Monitor (radiation)", *EVERYTHING* reminds me of acne now.

I'm like a paranoid old lady. I bought 12 new pillow cases for crying out loud! I moved my monitor further back, I bought a humidifer, I even .... ate a lemon. I stopped drinking pop, I'm taking 12+ pills a day, drinking a crapload of water, following Dan's Regimine, and trying REALLY hard not to get stressed out by all of it...because that will just make it worse.

You should have bought a blue light. :D (that's the only one out of the things you mentioned that the research says works, and ironically about the only one you haven't tried).

I was seriously wondering how hard it would be to grow acne in a petri dish so I could perform real tests on it. I mean, wow, I need a life.

Actually, i was thinking about growing my skin flora. I was wondering whether i could develop my own personal phage therapy.

yeah this particular forum is full of insane people, thats why i dont come here anymore. when i frequented this place i found myself second guessing people instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt and getting all sensitive about anything. there are too many trolls, imposters and people giving fucked up advice here.

I think forums like this are good to inform yourself. Many derms for example are rather incompetent. I for example suffered for years from moderate cystic acne, but my derm prescribed only topicals. My cosmetican told me everything (BPO...) is bullshit and for my cystic acne it was.

I knew nobody that got prescribed accutan and my derm did not even discuss oral antibiotics. This is some time ago and websites/forums like this did not exist back then.

I think websites/forums liek this at leas help to get on accutan asap, even when derms do not think it is justified (And many derms are extremly ignorant in this case).

Forums like this also help too not take acne to lightly. I believed my derm and though acne will go away after puperty, or at leas 21/22 - but in realty it got worse and I scared really bad with 24 (One huge breakout during important exams - I hadn´t any prominent scaring before).

I took the risk of scaring to light, because my acne was not that bad (mostly) and I had not scared in the past and was not afraid of some scars - after years of acne. Actually my scars never bothered me for additional 2-3 years, because I had still (mild) acne and scars need time to develop, but now I hate them with a passion.

I also took the psychological effects to lightly. I always though I was strong enough to deal with something superficial like acne, but in retrospect I notice that acne has affected my life alot stronger than I thought.

I always had (alot) of friends, went clubbing but girls are a different matter and I behaved different around girls when my acne got bad. Also some friends were sometimes a little bit more nerdish, than they would have been when I had clear skin.

Sometimes I felt weired and depressed when I went partying with all those cool people with clear skin and felt more comfortable around people that weren´t that perfect either.

And then there is this "when my skin will be clearn again" syndrome - I just have to warn you about. Get your skin as clear as possible NOW (Accutane and when it does not help: Lasers) and then life your life now.

Never think that you skin will be better in a year or something. It might but it might not and when topicals do not help there is stronger stuff. The pitfall with acne is that you do not accept it. If you are small or ugly by nature you have to accept it, but with acne there is always the big "when its gone" - "If I had not". So get your skin as clean as possble and it is usually worth some dough for lasers/peels if neccessary and then use make-up for the rest and accept yourself now. Forget all about "if" and "when".

And never take scars to lightly (even if male and you are already scared by accidents - like me). Scars might seem harmless to you when you have active acne, but you _will_ regret them when your acne is gone.

Last but not least: Acne, scars are not everything. THERE IS ALOT MORE ALOT MORE IMPORTANT STUFF TO LIFE.

I really suffered from acne regarding girls. The reason was that I was considered really cute and even with mild acne I was considered cute, but I just was not really able to deal with the fact that I looked decent at best with cystic acne (+MakeUp). HEY! The majority of mankind has to deal with looking descent/average looks.

And it really took alot time for me to realize, that personality _is_ more important than looks. Acne might ruin your ONS and there are girls who would never consider you, because of your acne - but in the end you are defnetily better off without them.

The same is true for scars. You can improve them by 50%-80% percent depending on genetics, luck, money, and (down)time. And if you have a problem with your scars, then one should spend the 10k$ you might need to get maximum improvment (thats half a car...).

But that is it. I have never _ever_ seen a girl in real life I would not consider dating, because of scars. Actually I can´t even remember any girl that got ugly because of scars (in real life).

Even here in the forum I haven´t seen such a case. On some before/after gallieries for treatments a saw a few woman/man with scaring that I perhaps would consider disfiguring - but this is really rare.

And I am not blind. There are girls ugly enough, that I would not date them, but even that is rare. It is mostly a matter of (personal) taste, style and confidence. To be honest once in while I see a girl I actually had a problem dating because of her acne, which otherwise would be cute. But that is really rare.

Get your hair done, buy stylish clothes, work out...

Good skin is an important part of attractivness/looks and with acne you loose here, but it is only a part. There are very few people who got unattractiv/ugly, just because of acne (it may play a part though).

And still looks are not everything, there still is personality, intelligence... So someone always can work here.

Acne and scars are only dangerous/depressing when you get obsessed by them. Like some individuals here in the forum. One should never get obsessed with simething he/she can´t change. Always concentrate on sthings you are able to change.