Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MultiMia

Soap/Cleanser for body acne

My skin is really,really sensitive and its hard for me to find a soap/cleanser for my body.Everything I use to wash my body makes my skin red,all over my arms,chest and back,even when I tried Johnsons Baby Wash.

Though Ive had body acne for awhile now I havent really tried anything to make it go away.Im thinking of doing the whole exfoliation thing but I dont know what soap to use.Ive read good reviews for Cetaphil but Ive tried that and it does the same irritation thing.Ive also tried Dove and that not only makes my skin red but it dries my skin out like crazy.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.Thanks :)

Thanks.I dont know why I never tried it before,it seems like a pretty good soap.Im going to the store in a few to buy the soap and the brush.Im crossing my fingers.

Well I tried the Purpose soap and surprise,surprise...I had red spots all over my arms,chest and back. BUT I was talking to my friend about how sensitive my skin is and she gave me a bar of black soap to try and wow.So far my skin is great,no irritation at all. Ive been using the brush on my whole body and my skin is soooo soft. I dont have any new bacne even though the old spots are still there. I did have a really dry spot in the middle of my back, it was really bad, it felt nasty and scaly...now its completly gone.

Overall Id say exfoliation is the way to go.

I have the same skin on my body and I alternate between two cleansers. In the morning I wash with a moisterizing body wash, then at night with the Purpose bar. It's the only thing that makes my skin smooth and redness free. I also apply Dan's BP to my chest/shoulders after each wash.

You could also try Neutrogena Body Scrub. It makes your skin a little bit red after a nice hot shower and washing with a wash cloth, but that goes away as soon as you're done drying off. I don't really have a problem with little red spots on my back (except from acne that is disappearing), but Neutrogena Body Scrub is like a miracle worker for me. I use the 'smooth' one with the beads in it. And I wash my hands and feet with Dove or Ivory soap. Nice soft skin, and clear! :D

Well I tried the Purpose soap and surprise,surprise...I had red spots all over my arms,chest and back. BUT I was talking to my friend about how sensitive my skin is and she gave me a bar of black soap to try and wow.So far my skin is great,no irritation at all. Ive been using the brush on my whole body and my skin is soooo soft. I dont have any new bacne even though the old spots are still there. I did have a really dry spot in the middle of my back, it was really bad, it felt nasty and scaly...now its completly gone.

Overall Id say exfoliation is the way to go.

Yeah over the years I've heard about the wonders of African Black Soap for various skin conditions, but never got around to trying it. So glad it's working for you!

I have always had problems with acne and dark spots. I used cocoa butter and other fading products. When a friend told me about Nasabb's black soap, I gave it a try. After a month, people were giving me compliments on how radiant my skin looked. My skin had a natural glow to it, and the dark spots were clearing up, and the acne was drying up also. I now have others buying Nasabb's black soap. I wont even touch other products on the market today. This product changed my life!!! M.R. Boston, MA

Please don't change a thing. Your products are definitely a gift from God. I've suffered from adult acne for the past 12 years. I have used almost every prescription drug and natural remedy to date with no relief. I started using your Black Soap and Shea Butter on 08/9/02. It is now 08/22/02. My skin is almost clear. The dark spots are fading. The pimples are just disappearing, and my skin is looking just beautiful. I have a healthy glow and a soft wonderful texture now. At this rate I can stop wearing concealer and actually look in the mirror without getting depressed. Thank you so much...

C.S. Chicago, IL

http://www.nasabb.com/nasabbnew/comments2.htm

Of course, there are a multitude of brands out there though, but what brand are you currently using?

Thanks.

juhi- I just bought a $3 body brush at CVS. Im sure if you look up one of the Jessfoliation posts youll find a pic of a good brush.

SweetJade- Im not sure of the brand of my black soap. My friend gave it to me 'ghetto style' in a plastic bag. LoL You actually reminded me to ask her where she got it. When I find out I'll let you know.

:D

Oh, and just for an update, my skin is looking really good. I only had one new zit on my back since starting exfoliation and using the black soap. Hopefully I can finally wear tank tops this summer without being horribly embarassed.

Ok, well my friend got the black soap from her old boss who is also a friend of the family.She hasnt gotten around to asking her where she purchased it though. What I can tell you is the type of black soap b/c there can be confusion on this topic, I know I was confused before. The black soap that Im talking about is real black soap, not the stuff at the drugstore or maybe even healthfood store that is a black bar of soap. That is not pure black soap. Real black soap is black/brown in appearence and is not in a perfect bar shape. Sometimes it can be in a round shape or a rectangle but it looks 'raw', not like something perfectly manufactured in a factory.

Just to give you an idea of what it should look like heres a website I found that sells black soap...Black Soap

There are different kinds of African Black soap made from differing ingredients depends on where specifically it is from... and then there is the "black soap" that is marketed that comes in a smooth bar and is obviously dyed black.

I got some african black soap, it has been making my skin smoother/helping my complexion except that it stings picked-at acne/scabs. It might just be the ingredients in mine though.