Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boz

Is there a way to sleep on my back?

I know what sleeping on my back helps since my face is not being irritated by the pillow but i can never seem to do it for the whole night. Everytime I try this, my face ends up on its side. Any tricks to do this?

I know what sleeping on my back helps since my face is not being irritated by the pillow but i can never seem to do it for the whole night. Everytime I try this, my face ends up on its side. Any tricks to do this?

someone once told me that they stuck tennis balls in their pillow (like one on each side of their neck) but i don't know how they kept them for rolling or moving, i thought about trying it since i have the same problem

I love sleeping on my back...thats really the only way I sleep..I never get pimples on my cheeks, maybe my sleeping has something to do with it or i'm just not prone to breakouts there? I used to sleep on my sides but got into the habit of sleeping on my back...Just try to get really comfortable and stay on your back as long as you can, watch tv like that for a while before bed so you get used to it.

I never sleep on my back.

I tried and tried and tried but my whole body just doesnt feel right and I wouldnt get sleepy at all.

I tried reading a book or listening to music while lying on my back and when I get sleepy, eventually, I would end up lying on my side :confused:

I'd be happy to help any lady sleep on her back... As for guys, really it's just learnt behavior. After three or four years of trying to sleep on my back I do it naturally now, and only spend the last 30min to an hour on my side because I roll over to check my clock and don't want to roll back.

Try keeping your house cold and having like 3-4 nice heavy blankets. Make sure you're totally covered and nice and warm after a few minutes laying on your back. Moving will let heat escape, which makes you cold, which makes you not want to move.

Does you neck or head hurts sleeping on your back? I tried it last night but it was pretty uncomfortable. ANd my legs got numb for some reason.

Thanks for your comment on the picture. =\

I don't know about the whole tennis ball thing... I'd NEVER do that in a million years... if you end up rolling over and sleeping on it funny your neck sure would hurt in the morning! I read on here that someone put a new towel down on their pillow before they slept every night and that they saw some improvement. I can see doing that.. I can't sleep on my back either.. I can try, but I always end up on one of my sides.

Does you neck or head hurts sleeping on your back? I tried it last night but it was pretty uncomfortable. ANd my legs got numb for some reason.

If anything your head or neck should hurt sleeping on your side...Its much more stressful on your neck to sleep on your side I would think (you could correct me if i'm wrong :D ). Your neck and head should feel more comfortable when its straight. I usually dont leave my legs completely straight the whole night, I put one under the other...etc. Then again I have a good size bed that lets me move around alot.