Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SugarJen

Do I have acne just because I've been using products since forever??

I have bad acne on my face... but not on my cheeks or neck or back or chest...

One day when I was 13 I went to the dermo because I had a few pimples and then he put me on creams and such. Now, I'm 20 and I still have acne/breakouts in the same spots I did - but no more! Like none on the SIDE of my face... just inches from where I have bad breakouts.

How is it possible that my cheeks and forehead can be so clear and only slightly over the area is covered with acne?

I wonder if being on meds since I was 13 screwed up my face. Would it had been different if I'd just kept with the over-the-counter stuff?

My brother has ok skin - DOESN'T wash it, listen to the dermo, etc., and his breakouts just go away overnight. It's not fair.

Do you think I have been on dermatologist products for too long??

Guest fatallyours

your body & skin may have become immune to what you were using. that happens when you use something for a long time. I was on Minocin for years and it stopped working so I had to keep upping my dosage.

aw lol I know what you mean about your brother. My sister has perfect skin, and washes her face with whatever is there, hand soap usually.