Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seal wannabe

16, 3rd time on accutane, 40mg a day

hey. im ony accutane for the 3rd and hopefully last time. 1st time - start on 80mg, way too much so i dropped to 60, then 40 i beliebe. 2nd time 20, then 40, then stayed on 60 for a long time, then down to 40. 3rd time - on 40. ive still had some breakouts, im seeing the derm next week so if i keep getting breakouts ill probably up it to 60.

ill post once a week or every few days and say how its doing

hey. im ony accutane for the 3rd and hopefully last time. 1st time - start on 80mg, way too much so i dropped to 60, then 40 i beliebe. 2nd time 20, then 40, then stayed on 60 for a long time, then down to 40. 3rd time - on 40. ive still had some breakouts, im seeing the derm next week so if i keep getting breakouts ill probably up it to 60.

ill post once a week or every few days and say how its doing

wow good luck with that :pray:

yeah im 16.

2 weeks and a few days into it i think

so its been weird. i had some breakouts, which i guess are the intial breakouts. i had them the first and second time but my dematologist thought since id already taken a total of 8 months of accutane it wouldnt have that and it would get better within a week. heh, guess not. i got a few news, but overall my skin is damn nice. when i washed it and moisturized, except for the pimples i have, its completely smooth, maybe a little rough in some spots. i have two like little scabs that are from two pimples, one whitehead that is practicallly gone, a big one that you cant really see yet on my forehead, a red one on the my forehead thats pretty much gone. i have about 3 on my left temple, but they are close to gone, and three on my right temple, where one needs some more time then the other two. a few little small ones near my mouth and cheek.

does anyone have tips for eyes? mine are really dry and just feel weird. also, the area all around my eyes feels really weird....maybe dryness?

These pictures are from a few days ago. I want to say the 1st, but I'm not sure.

I'm going to upload new pictures later tonight.

[attachmentid=3078]

[attachmentid=3079]

post-34650-1136676884_thumb.jpg

post-34650-1136676895_thumb.jpg

post-34650-1136676884_thumb.jpg

post-34650-1136676895_thumb.jpg

Wow your acne's VERY mild :redface::shifty: You will get cleared in no time! :)

Yeah. I'm telling you Accutane works miracles.

It was worse then that when I first went on for my third cycle, but still it's working even faster the third time.

Was your acne bad to start with, before your first time?

Cus at the moment it looks very mild so I wouldnt imagioned that you need 3 courses of accutane.

Was your acne bad to start with, before your first time?

Cus at the moment it looks very mild so I wouldnt imagioned that you need 3 courses of accutane.

The first time it was extremely bad. I did 4 months on the 'tane, then stopped. Then it came back again really bad, another 4 months on 'tane and it cleared completely, then stopped. And a month or so after that it came back sorta bad, but not awful. At the rate it was breaking out it would have become really bad again. So my dermatologist just decided to put me back on the 'tane - and that's where I am today.

My guess is that u were going through puberty , that's y accutane couldnt clear u since acne are coming strong !!

your derm doesnt know his shit, lol.. he shouldve known to put you on accutane for a longer period the 2nd time.. sorry you had to go thru that man, make sure that ur on accutane for atleast 6 months so that it puts your acne in a longer remission

good luck

your derm doesnt know his shit, lol.. he shouldve known to put you on accutane for a longer period the 2nd time.. sorry you had to go thru that man, make sure that ur on accutane for atleast 6 months so that it puts your acne in a longer remission

good luck

yeah doesn't he know that 6 months is the full course that you should be on

Well here's the thing. I was supposed to be on accutane for 6 months the first time. Only at month 4 I was having a lot of back pain with my indoor track. The acne was much, much better then it was and he told me I would be fine if I got off now, and that there is a little chance of it coming back but that happens no matter how long your on accutane. Sure enough it came back, so I went on accutane again. It was completely clear even before the 4 month mark. I still took accutane for a couple weeks to hit the 4 month mark. He said there was a 5% chance of it coming back. And then it started coming back, and he put me back on accutane. I think he said I'd only need it for like 6 weeks. So only a couple more to go.

Thanks guys - this means so much having people say my acne ism't bad!

Here's another picture. I had another 2 breakouts, well not really breakouts, they sort of just came through. But the light does make my skin look a little better then it really is.

edit: changed is to isnt..woops.

post-34650-1136768317_thumb.jpg

post-34650-1136768317_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys - this means so much having people say my acne is bad!

Here's another picture. I had another 2 breakouts, well not really breakouts, they sort of just came through. But the light does make my skin look a little better then it really is.

Like the other dude said" Your derm doesnt know his shit". I mean I wish my acne wasnt that severe, you have moderate acne that u can clear using other methods.

First big no no you did was go on accutane at the age of 16(or wut ur derm did).Obviously your hormones were out of control and you were or still are going thorugh puberty, so its natural to get acne at that age.

If u lived in canada they would not have perscribed you accutane cause you gotta be 18 or other wise have really sever acne.

Anywho your skin to me dude looks totally fine. Good work

Saw my derm this morning and my routine has changed.

Morning:

Wash [Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash]

New topical cream (thinks differin will be too drying now)

Mositurize [Cetaphil for Dry and Sensitive Skin]

Night:

Same as morning

60MG Accutane (3X20mg)

I'll post a picture later. And the name of the new topical cream.