Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys im new to the forums

so my story. i got really bad acne in 8th grade, and have used lots of topical medications which didnt work. im now in 10th grade and still have the acne. i was accutane for 4 months, then stopped because it was pretty much cleared, but not completely, because it was suspected to be causing me back pain during track. sure enough it came back, and i went on accutane for another 4 months. my dematologist said that was all i would need. and it all went away. the only things left were some red marks. i was going to be off the accutane for 3 months, and then get a laser on xmas week (this week) to clear that up. but what do you know it came back and started breaking out again! so now im back on accutane, 40mg a day, for i think 6 weeks my dermatologist said. ive been on it for about 2 weeks, and still have had a few breakouts. however most of it is going away.

what do you guys do? ive decided im really sick of this crap so im really getting disciplined on doing everything i can.

i was my face with neutrogena oil free acne wash twice a day, and had cetaphail dry skin mositurizer. i have to put on a lot of it otherwise i feel really dry and get peely. ive always tried to rub it into my eyebrows because i can like feel them ony my face and i think the skin under them is really dry.

i have differein gel which i can use my derm said but not to try out my skin. i havent been using it just because when i was accutane for the 2nd time i didnt use it and i had the greatest results on that session of accutane.

ive always been drinking more water, and trying to add more greens to my diet.

i use carmex and on my lips because they really peel.

ive also noticed my eyes are really dry and sensitive. when i get on the bus the sudden rush of warm air makes them water like crazy and it loosk like im crying.

thanks and happy new years everyone